1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben Simmons getting a new zip code?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by vator, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Simmons should go back to selling mattresses.

2. JW86

JW86 Member

Are you insane? VanVleet is already the better player and hometown favorite. They have no need for a diva like Simmons. It's funny how much leeway Simmons has had and propelled as this great guy who is not liked and doesn't work on his game, yet Harden who is a gym rat for the most part and playing like the best player in the league more often than not is the villain of the league..

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Terrible deal for Toronto.

roslolian likes this.
  4. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I would hope Simmons goes to a bad team and hits absolute rock bottom in value next year, at that point I would be interested in the Rockets offering Wall + fillers for him.

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I feel like Kings make perfect sense here. Philly needs guards and the Kings are hoarding guards.

Kings would like to have a star player and the 6ers have a disgruntled one. I don't know who the Kings would like to trade...Daivon, Haliburton, Hield, Fox, whatever, but any one of those players plus maybe a top 5 protected pick and salary filler should be able to get them Simmons.

The problem is Morey will want way more.

It also seems like Kings fans want to make this trade and I feel like it just makes the most sense for all parties involved.

BigShasta, Jontro and JumpMan like this.
  7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Id offer Fox+Frp

8. hakeemthagreat

Why would Brooklyn entertain a swiss army knife unplayable in the postseason?

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm guessing it might be Davion and Hield, I feel like the only way the Davion pick makes sense is because the Kings wanted to flip him to Philly. Seems like a Morey player to me too and of course Kings have been trying to get rid of Hield and Philly needs shooters

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Brooklyn lost the series mainly due to lack of defense, not because they couldn’t put up points. If KD and Harden are close to 100% next season they have more than enough scoring and playmaking between them. Now that they also signed Patty Mills but lost Jeff Green the Nets really need a big defender. As much as I rib on Simmons his defense would be very valuable to a team like Brooklyn, who could effectively mask his offensive deficiencies.

11. caneks

caneks Rookie

Morey is destroying the foundation that 76ers built in the last decade.

12. Jalen Green OnlyFan

He's just trying to hold out from bullcrap offers till simmons recoups some value.

Unless Embiid says trade him asap or he'll demand a trade (like harden did with cp3) than morey will let it play out until the deadline.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

GSW is the best fit for him for obvious reasons, golden.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

what will gsw give for simmons? curry or klay plus picks? this is excite!

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

17. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Morey is going to have to swallow his ego and cut his losses and sell him very low.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

He should just do Simmons for Hield plus a couple of picks and call it a day.

19. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

If the Sixers can get Hield w/Haliburton or Mitchell, maybe a pick. They should just grab it and go. They get a scorer and a PG with potential. How much exactly do you get for Simmons, going into next season, if he doesn't make huge improvements or is holding out.

steddinotayto and JayGoogle like this.