1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben Simmons as a Brooklyn Net

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by daywalker02, Feb 15, 2022.

1. MettaWorldPete

Amazing how quickly things disintegrated for the Nets, although I guess some folks predicted it...mostly for incorrect reasons though.

hakeem94 and roslolian like this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

KD is going to demand a trade too if he has to drag this sorry ass collection of role players around with no help.

hakeem94, Patience and ElPigto like this.
  3. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Nah. He just signed an extension. He can cut bait with Kyrie, they can move off Simmons for a third banana and they can get a second star in trade and/or FA. Maybe Lebron signs there in a year. My goodness that would be funny.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Funny? Hilarious! Of course, LeBron would be around 38, but who knows with that guy? Much different player, of course, but Kareem was highly effective at age 38 and there have been significant advances in medicine and conditioning since the 1985-86 season, when we played the defending champion Lakers in the Western Conference Finals. Abdul-Jabbar was still a load then.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ben Simmons Unlikely To Play By March 10th Game At 76ers

Ben Simmons is unlikely to play for the Brooklyn Nets in their March 10th game at the Philadelphia 76ers.

Simmons is dealing with a back issue as he ramps up his basketball activity after not playing in a game since last year's playoffs.

Simmons could resume workouts in a game setting late next week and then complete three straight high-intensity workouts before being cleared. Based on that timeline, Simmons is not likely to play until at least March 15th.

Simmons would have just four potential games with both Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant before the Play-In Tournament or playoffs.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Deckard and hakeem94 like this.
  7. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Ben Simmons the gift that keeps on giving
    I felt bad when I was trolling him after his playoff performance but now I don’t, here’s to hoping nets/us end up in the lottery!!!

8. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

The nets roster construction is so redundant. They have 5 centers and now kyrie, curry, mills, dragic, thomas who are all 6'2 midgets running around that cant defend to save their lives

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Let's say the Nets won't win the championship this year. What will the Nets and Irving do about his potential extension? He has a player option left for next season and then can become a free agent.

a. Do the Nets forget what's happened this year with the vaccine and offer Kyrie a max contract extension?
    b. Do the Nets ride it out with Irving in his contract year and hope that they can attract a younger free agent sidekick for Durant in summer of 2023 when Kyrie comes off the books?
    c. Do the Nets try to trade Irving next season to start the retool process around Durant sooner?

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Considering the catastrophe Kyrie has been for the Nets this season, I'd lean towards C.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That would be the logical choice
    BUT
    KD has to sign off on it

Rocket River

Deckard likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The thing with this trade is that their is an expectation that BEN will help the NETS Defense alot

Seriously .. . . One great Defender won't change everything
    Who are the PLUS DEFENDERS on the Nets?

KD . . .. Ben . . .. . Drummond?

Rocket River

13. MettaWorldPete

Also Kyrie has to sign off on it as a practical matter, because he has threatened the possibility of retiring if traded. I'm sure teams would still want him and make a pitch, but his trade value will be a little wonky.

Rocket River likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think he also has an player option right?

Rocket River

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  15. MettaWorldPete

correct

16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Nets running out of time to build chemistry after failing first test

Durant can do almost anything on a court, but he cannot create continuity, nor can he invent chemistry, the absence of which threatens to undermine the Nets — if their health doesn’t undermine them first.

If everything goes according to plan — which would qualify as an upset for a player who hasn’t been in uniform since June — Simmons would have 12 regular-season games to mesh with his teammates. Of that dozen, Irving — under the current New York City rules at least — would be eligible for three games.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/04/nets-running-out-of-time-to-build-chemistry/

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Dude looks cooked

i3artow i3aller and KingCheetah like this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That body language... yikes.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

lamarcus making this vid all about him

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  20. i3artow i3aller