1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben Simmons as a Brooklyn Net

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by daywalker02, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

he really did…Tatum has his hairline looking brick oven crispy

KD meanwhile always looking dusty, crusty, and hella musty

2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Simmons alone can't offset the defensive atrocities of Harris, Mills, Durant and Kyrie. Mills and Durant can up their D a bit in the postseason but they are going to suck defensively over 82 games.

Can we swap the Bucks pick with the Nets pick or only ours?

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Between Lebron and Durant I think this is the tipping point of Stars getting complete control over franchises and even wanting to have that control, because of blow back.

Makes me wonder how many trades or signings did these guys nix because they did not like guys personally.

You know, Kyrie and Durant are petty as ****.

4. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

That possibility exists for sure. I think the Nets are just a little better. Simmons just does nothing, as opposed to Westbrook who is a detriment to the team. KD and Anthony Davis have both been injury prone, but I think KD is the better player. Kyrie is a wild card, never know about him. Labron is the x factor. He can still dominate. I do feel the Nets can put it together next year.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

The nets as a team are much farther behind than the other elite teams in the east. It's pretty much time to realize KD while still being pretty good can no longer carry a team to that upper echelon on his own. The blueprint was just provided on how stressful teams can make it on him now. We actually saw that with the Bucks a year ago. And Kyrie well he's that headcase where you have no idea what you're going to get. Tbh it doesn't even look like he cares to win or lose these days. His priorities seemingly are off the court. The nets supporting cast is extremely suspect. They don't have nearly enough two way players and they're extremely small. Next year will be no different to me and that absolutely is music to the Rockets future. That organization will remain a mess

Andre0087, Patience, ElPigto and 2 others like this.
  6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Their iso, your-turn-my-turn type of offense doesn't bode well for championship aspirations because they'll either run into a great defensive team like Boston or their iso-heavy stars are going to run out of gas. Unfortunately for them they got both against Boston. Most in the media and around the league will sweep this factoid under the rug but Harden was the only guy out of their Big 3 that could get the best out of everyone on that roster when he wasn't scoring. Take him out of the equation and you have a lot of role players falling back to earth faster than you can say "1,2,3 Cancun!"

7. Nook

Nook Member

The playoffs are all about creating mismatches and the Nets just don't do that without Harden. Guys like Patty Mills are nice players but they don't create mismatches.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

he's also one of the nets oldies who just isn't the same player anymore and he can't keep up defensively

Slyonebluejay, steddinotayto and Nook like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

I am curious to see what the NETS do this off season and going forward. They almost have to run it back unless Kyrie or Durant demand a trade. I don't think they will do that though (demand a trade). It feels like this is a bottle neck for them. For as awesome as Durant is, he is physically starting to break down some.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

even tho Harden’s scoring capabilities are aging in dog years, his playmaking is still elite

he got KD so many easy buckets where he didn’t even have to dribble…just receive the pass from Harden and raise up and shoot…he would get KD easy layups at the basket

he allowed Kyrie to focus on just being a scorer and not have to worry about running a team

Idk if Harden, KD, and Kyrie would’ve beaten this Boston team just because Harden’s ability to score and finish at the rim has dropped off so dramatically, but I know for sure it’s not a damn sweep

hell, if Kyrie wasn’t an idiot, Harden, KD, and Kyrie would have just completed a 5 game series or sweep of the Hawks in the 1st round…they wouldn’t be facing Boston

BK’s offense went from pretty good to all-time great after Harden joined, and they went from a .500 mediocre team to top contender

now look at them

[​IMG]

Andre0087, Deckard, Patience and 5 others like this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

They can't do much if I'm reading their balance sheet correctly. Claxton is a restricted free agent and is one bold/stupid GM away from making $12-15 million a year. Patty Mills has a player option but I don't think he'll opt out unless he has huge reservations about the team. Then they got KD, Kyrie, and Simmons swallowing up, what, $110 million combined?

I would dangle Simmons to the Warriors for Wiggins and Wiseman and see if Myers takes that risk. Wiggins and Wiseman might not be the defender that Simmons is but at least you know what you're getting out of Wiggins and Wiseman could be the Nets starting center down low if/when Claxton bolts. You can't bring back Andre Drummond or DeAndre Jordan to be your starting center in 2022. No way.

12. Nook

Nook Member

The injury late in the playoffs really screwed the NETS and Harden. He recovered slow, and as a result he wasn't in the shape that he normally would be in and now in his 30's he isn't physically rebounding as fast. Even with that said, he is arguably the best playmaker in the NBA and players around him always improve. He still does other things well too, just not as consistently.

The NETS in hindsight would have been better letting Harden walk than take on another flawed player like Simmons. The Nets roster is full of flawed players at this point.

13. Nook

Nook Member

I like your idea on Simmons for Wiggins and Wiseman. If nothing else, you are getting two players rather than relying on one.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Can you imagine Simmons in a locker room with Draymond?

He went right at Durant and exposed some tendencies (It all makes sense now) he would have Simmons in the corner in the fetal position.

Wiggins is the better player anyway, he is very good defensively and not a liability on offense.

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden ended his prime by coming back in the playoffs to try and help KD win a title, and then KD turns around and still picks the idiotic and unreliable Kyrie who is missing games over him

Harden returned, and was immediately thrust into playing 46, 40, and 53 minutes against the Bucks…does not play any 5 on 5 during the offseason, and then gets no ramp up or put on any sort of plan to ease him into the season as he is 1 of the league leader in minutes from day 1

now he looks absolutely cooked

16. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if this offseason we'll see Harden cut a LOT of weight. I mean, he's already 33 and has a ton of miles from carrying the Rockets for damn near a decade.

Either way, if he doesn't make some changes to his body then it'll keep on betraying him.

Andre0087, Slyonebluejay and Reeko like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

he better, and I think he needs to change his game too

he needs to get back to being the 40% catch and shoot guy he used to be, and be much more willing to take those kind of shots…he also really needs to incorporate midrange into his game and work on his floater

Moreyball threes and layups no longer works when u can’t finish at the rim and you’re now a mediocre 3 point shooter

I saw somewhere that Harden was the 3rd worst finisher in the entire NBA this season

18. i3artow i3aller

19. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Could be why Harden left, there were guys Harden thought could help but Durant and or Irving nixed the idea.

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

lol

[​IMG]

jiggyfly and Andre0087 like this.