1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben Gordon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fmontana10, Feb 21, 2014.

1. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Yep. I can see this period as a stain on Morey's resume. It is sad seeing that we have a team w/ 2 superstars and NO VETERANS are willing to come here. I'm thinking that report that said agents & GM's don't wanna work with Morey is true now.

2. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

So Granger's garbage now that he chose another team, and Butler's "nothing special" even though just about every contender had interest in them. Do you realize how stupid you will look if these guys end up being key contributors? I honestly don't think you've seen any of those guys play

3. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I drive fastly, call me Ben Gordon
    In the black SS with the navigation

4. awc713

awc713 Member

The guy has a point--he didn't say anything wrong.

Granger has looked like a shell of his former self so far this year. Have YOU seen him play THIS YEAR?

Note--i'm not talking about years past. If we were talking about years past, i'd be first in line to sign Odom, Arenas, hell maybe Iverson. But Granger has had serious injuries that have had noticeable impacts on his game. That is, if you've watched him THIS YEAR.

Point being, sure, it will look bad if he makes a miraculous comeback and becomes 2011 Danny Granger. But his current play does not show that such an outcome is likely.

Maybe he'll have a resurgence of sorts. Who knows. In fact, I would STILL have liked him as a pickup (over Garcia, Omri) despite his down play. But I don't think any amount of his play will make the Rockets look "silly".

5. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I have watched him play this year. There is a noticeable difference in his game, he may never be a superstar again. But washed up??? The guy hasn't even had chance to fully recover and this idiot's labeling Granger washed up. The Clippers aren't looking for Granger to be a 1st option, they want him to give 15-20 minutes of solid basketball. What Nook's saying is Granger's not even capable of contributing ANYTHING. That's dumb. We missed out on a solid role player that could've bolstered out bench.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL @ thinking he was a superstar to begin with

7. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

What do you want Morey to do? Chloroform Granger and drag him down here?

8. anchel

anchel Member

Isn't today his last day to choose team?

9. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Morey knows what he is doing. He's not willing to give a contract beyond this season.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Honestly I cannot be mad at Morey. If he does something huge next year and end up winning like 2-3 straight championships then all the haters will look like fools... before the Harden trade a year and half ago 90% of the nba was laughing at him. Look at him now...

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Yep, sure missed some great ops. Or not.

12. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

so what is the latest on gordon? feigen says the rockets won't cut smith.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

But it's March 2nd so...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Roster Move: <a href="https://twitter.com/bobcats">@Bobcats</a> waived G Ben Gordon this morning. The team's roster now stands at 14 players. He avg 5.2 ppg in 19 games this year.</p>&mdash; Charlotte Bobcats PR (@BobcatsPR) <a href="https://twitter.com/BobcatsPR/statuses/440166429686370304">March 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Ben Gordon tried to get buyout from Bobcats but couldn't line up a deal. So they waived him today, 1 day after buyout deadline for playoffs</p>&mdash; Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/statuses/440167251996471296">March 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Could be our Bobby Jackson this year.

15. smr6

smr6 Member

The good vets didn't start joining the Heat until after their first season when they made the finals.

16. faraza84

faraza84 Member

I'm wondering if he could appeal it on the grounds the team was being a dick.

17. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Unlikely. More than likely it was Gordon that held up the buyout, not Charlotte.

18. faraza84

faraza84 Member

So if he signs up with a team he can only play through the regular season? Dang that's gotta suck

19. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

He is not going to be able to play in the playoffs so I think he winds up with a non play-off team. He needs to find a team where he is going to be able to play and showcase his talent for a team next year. I am really starting to think that the Rockets are not going to do anything else this year to improve the roster. If we could I would drop Frisco for World Peace just because I think he brings that defensive mentality that we need but that isn't going to happen. I can see us picking up a guy like Chris Johnson and maybe dropping Greg Smith just because his contract is really small. Other than that I can't see a lot happening.

20. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Haha! Yeah, real dick move by the Bobcats. Sort of.

They probably tried to get Gordon to leave $X on the table in exchange for agreeing to a buyout so he could catch on with a (better) playoff team. When Gordon's camp declined (as is his right), the Bobcats showed that they weren't bluffing and "screwed" him out of playoff eligibility.

The only legit defense for the Bobcats' actions is that, with the Bobcats looking like a playoff team, they didn't want Gordon catching on with another East playoff team and potentially helping it beat Charlotte.

But yeah. Dick move.