1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben DuBose: Fertitta’s goal is limiting the “bad years” to one or two seasons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csnerd84, Mar 31, 2021.

1. juanming

juanming Member

I said before I would make a$50 tip jar bet that if they win the top four pick they would trade it

This just confirms my belief

But that was before we got Kelly and now I think we will win too many games with Augustine and Kelly to even get a top 4 pick

Bottom line Kelly is a lot better than I thought he was we are going to lose our pick

And if we do manage to win a top-four Pick 4 fertits doesn't want another teenager to grow for 3 years for his investment

we just lost 20 straight and he wants to win now that should give you an idea of how out-of-touch he is

Der Rabbi, Little Bit and ROXTXIA like this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

March 31st, 2021

To this day...there are still people defending Tilman's ownership of the Houston Rockets

Embarrassing

3. s3ts

s3ts Member

The problem is Tillman won't sell because there's no way he's going to buy high and sell low.

I don't think there's a lack of buyers but Tillman is not the type of guy who can find a good replacement owner.

4. juanming

juanming Member

I did not read all the replies in this thread.. but whoever said that stone and fertits will be happy with barely making the playoffs every year for an 8th seed.. because it puts butts in the seats, and he doesn't care to invest the time and money into a contender, I agree with u

slothy420 likes this.
  5. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'm not able to connect the dots on why either. The only thing I can gather is that they like going to Landry's.

Objectively speaking, he screwed this franchise in record time.

6. juanming

juanming Member

hate to say it but the best thing for this franchise in the long run would be to have injuries and keep losing badly the next 3 or 4 years

It accomplishes two things.. number 1 it would give us High lottery picks.. and two he would lose so much revenue that I think he would panic and sell the team in 2 years

We need to really suck for for a few years so that he sells the team

If we become mediocre then he will be happy and he won't sell

Der Rabbi and FrontRunner like this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He better be careful, Cuban was fined for 500k for admitting his team was tanking a few years ago...

Nook likes this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I do think there is a ton of truth to this. Les is and has been overrated here, if not for Morey's Harden deal which was thanks to a huge part of Harden being undervalued the Rockets would have been very mediocre...if not bad.

People forget that we were really starting that year with Lin as our big hope and dream. Lin and Lamb and Parsons and Marcus Morris...that would have been our squad.

Nook and Bobbythegreat like this.
  9. CXbby

CXbby Member

People keep saying Tilman forced the Westbrook trade while ignoring that Morey/Harden interview afterwards where Harden said he was calling Morey up for daily updates on when the trade would be completed and was complaining about why it was taking so long. People really think Harden would have been ok if the trade didn't go down, and solely blame Tilman for it? Are you guys really that dense?

So the real issue is the price we paid if we were getting Westbrook one way or another. Who was in charge of negotiating the price we paid? The same guy that had one foot out the door, and would in a year try to pry Harden away.

joshuaao likes this.
  10. CXbby

CXbby Member

Bunch of hate in this thread. He wants to limit the bad years to one to two. What part do you disagree with? You want 5-6 bad years? 10-15? Lol people are really deranged and just want to rag on him no matter what.

cheke64 likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Funny especially when he closed his wallet for the rockets and destroyed the franchise lol

he's talking about limiting to 2 years or whatever. This is the same dumbass that's already in year 3 of bad. Worst owner in sports by far

#51 YOLO, Mar 31, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    Der Rabbi likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Look at the ones that still are. It definitely is an embarrassment but are you really surprised they are the bootlickers

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Ah it's no big deal as far as information goes. My issue is that reading the responses you could tell that no one read the article and were just posting things that were already on their mind. I'm like brahs and brahdettes... no one wants to read what's in the back of your mind and a predetermined response. Read and react... just like a on the court... it's just good practice.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Too expensive. A cheap hooker will do just fine.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

To be fair, a lot of us had already Tilman's interview video where he made all those comments.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I didn't read it. I don't need to read his company line, milquetoast "SCOOPS"... content that typically reads as if written by a sucker fish, attached to the side of a dirty Rockets fish tank, where big fish Fertitta is ******** all over everything.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  17. dmoneybangbang

Who knows..... I've been saying since we choose picks over a player that I would expect a rebuild to be timed around the next two seasons where we have our picks out right.

I'm not automatically opposed to using a top 4 pick to get a player, it just depends who.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'll bet you 50 bucks that we won't trade the pick.

It's ridiculous crazy how many good role players Stone is getting. Oladipo is the only blemish but that's because Silas wanted him.

CXbby and don grahamleone like this.
  19. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

If he thinks a star rookie alone can do that then fine no issues here. But no throwing long term contracts at players over 25. No trading picks for players over 25. It's OK to be optimistic but please also be patient. I think 2024 should be the earliest time that we'd start making short term moves like that, granted that we have a core in place by then.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

To be fair, cheering for Tilman to fail is like cheering for the President to fail. The thing you ultimately care about (the team/the country) is suffering by your own cheering. Remaining hopeful about Tilman and seeing more than just the things you disagree with is finding the light at the end of the tunnel.

I hope Tilman starts killing it. That means my team will be winning. If he's all L's, then my team is all L's. That's what pisses me off about all the Tilman crap talk... I know he deserves it, but his success with the Rockets would be a good thing. That's my team. There's been 10 owners of the Rockets and I don't give a flying **** about any of them, but cheering against them like we do as a group here is cheering against my ****ing team. That pisses me off and that's being fair.