1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben Carson's spends a tale of black overcoming "violent past", no one can find the "violence".

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr.Scarface, Nov 5, 2015.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

But he is a good Christian. Recently my wife and I have noticed that in our personal/work lives that some of the biggest liars like to talk about how they go to Christian churches every Sundays and are therefore good persons.. My mind tells me that this is not cause and effect, but still....

2. glynch

GOP America has such low standards as they keep searching for the Great Black Hope who hates affirmative action and believes that government has no role in helping poor folks including black folks, and that all is needed to help them is prayer, personal responsibility and more tax cuts for rich predominantly white folks.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Okay, but you don't have to erase his lived experience.

"In America, it is traditional to destroy the black body – it is heritage."- Ta-Nehisi Coates

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Politico already stealth editing their story

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Politico changes headline and lede on Ben Carson piece — removes line that his campaign admitted to &quot;fabrication&quot; <a href="https://t.co/9LIyT8QCvE">pic.twitter.com/9LIyT8QCvE</a></p>&mdash; Alex Pappas (@AlexPappas) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlexPappas/status/662735297491243008">November 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is not my beautiful wife
    This is not my beautiful headline <a href="https://t.co/70YhYmpMQH">pic.twitter.com/70YhYmpMQH</a></p>&mdash; daveweigel (@daveweigel) <a href="https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/662736767783563265">November 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. glynch

He became a great surgeon and is a role model for many. . No need to lie about his background or to run for president without any political experience or much knowledge of policy issues. Hey being a good surgeon is quite an accomplishment. He seems to be a rather fundamentalist reader of the Bible and that is certainly within our freedom or religion in America. but again not in itself a reason he shouild be resident.

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Hey! With all the lies Carson has now been caught in does anyone know if conservatives are demanding he release his college transcripts?

I mean do we know if he even went to college or if he really is a brain surgeon?

7. Major

Major Member

They also added more text, including more quotes by Carson. It doesn't make it better - if anything, it makes it worse. He repeatedly claims he was offered a full scholarship. In reality, if you believe his "new" version, he was offered the chance to apply and was informally told that he had a good chance to be accepted by some guy who's not the person who makes the decisions.

Those are not similar things. If he applied and then got accepted, then he'd have a full scholarship like every other student who did the same. But he did not apply, so there's no way to say he would have gotten accepted.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Headlines get changed quite often. The writer often doesn't write the headline by the way.

9. Mr. Clutch

Why don't the left want Carson to win?

I bet this oppo research is coming from Republicans

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

It isn't exactly oppo research. This dude is out there in more ways than one.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The GOP nomination? I don't think the left cares. I think they are just having fun mocking him and agitating the right.

I honestly don't think Carson's embellishments of his past are that big of a deal. I think it's more just giving the right a taste of their own medicine in terms of what they have been doing to Dems.

13. Mr. Clutch

Like swift boating or Benghazi?

14. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

it would be really weird if this is what brought Carson down. Like getting Al Capone for tax evasion.

Not that I mind.

15. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This meme has serious legs. LOL.

17. Mr. Clutch

Thanks for ruining stone henge for me

18. Buck Turgidson

Too late.

[​IMG]

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Nope. Swiftboating was a PAC and a concerted effort. Benghazi was a political witch hunt.

This is just people laughing at someone for making himself laughable. Ben Carson is the one making a fool out of himself. This is more of an Al Gore invented the internet moment.

20. Mr. Clutch

Everyone knows Joseph invented the internet, with God