1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben Carson's spends a tale of black overcoming "violent past", no one can find the "violence".

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr.Scarface, Nov 5, 2015.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Pat Robertson as his spiritual advisor and bigtexxx as his civil rights advisor. :grin:

2. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Then texxx could talk about how he has "black friends."

3. amaru

amaru Member

Agreed, the xenophobia around President Obama's first term was horrible. I took offense to it, but I was not shocked by it. Some Americans are stuck in the past.

4. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

Fair enough.

Try to keep in mind he was elected to two terms.

5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

ben carson, the leading candidate for the republican nomination for president of the united states claims that he attacked his mother with a hammer and stabbed his friend, thinks if jews in germany had guns they could have stopped the nazis, said that obamacare is the worst thing to happen to america since slavery, said america would be cuba if it was not for fox news, said that prison makes people gay, said satan encouraged darwin to invent the theory of evolution, believes the earth is 5,000 years old and that the egyptians used pyramids to store grain.

seems to me that lying about being admitted to west point is the least weird thing he has said or done.

1 person likes this.
  6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Thing is, Y'all Qaeda doesn't really care about any of the other lies (jesus will forgive you for that). But lying about being in the military?

That's the line you don't cross.

1 person likes this.
  7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

remember, today's journalists are lazy and dumb and biased

CNN didn't want to find evidence, so they didn't try very hard

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here's Carson's mother in a 1997 profile of the Ben Carson play saying the stabbing incident happened by the way... <a href="https://t.co/WifmQsMJlJ">pic.twitter.com/WifmQsMJlJ</a></p>&mdash; Andrew Kaczynski (@BuzzFeedAndrew) <a href="https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/663518863145963520">November 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

What a great mother -- Ben stabs a kid in the stomach and mama sets him straight by telling him not to be a bully.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Republicans are relieved to know that the story of Ben Carson stabbing someone is true. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

So the victim of Carson knife attack is back to being a friend or classmate? Carson more recently claimed it was a cousin. His stories sure seem to change with each retelling...

11. jo mama

worth noting here that the guy in second place, donald trump, said that POWs are not heroic b/c they were captured.

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Nice summary.

The scholarship story does not bother me. What bothers me is that Carson has his own beliefs concerning certain matters even if the experts in field say otherwise (e.g. pyramids built by Joseph, a biblical figure). This is scary near psychosis.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I want to agree, but then I think of my own childhood. Each time I stabbed someone in the stomach (or belt buckle, when I was lucky), my mother would actually spank me and cancel my allowance. :(

Maybe Dr. Carson's mother was too lenient, all things considered?

14. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Hey -- just want to remind everyone that heroin addiction is caused by political correctness:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MQb4g3G0ufw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

So bizarre, so true.

16. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No I think he was talking about John McCain, and I don't think McCain is any kind of war hero, as grateful as I am that he served.

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

19. jo mama

he was talking about mccain...what he said was that he likes his heroes to be not captured, implication being that POWs are not heroic.

"hero" is a totally subjective term...one persons "hero" is another persons "terrorist". its all semantics so no point in arguing over it. but, as far as military combat veterans go, im not going to argue with anyone who says they are heroic and trumps comments were pretty f***ing offensive.

the larger point w/in this thread is that republicans always portray themselves as the party that is pro-military and supports the troops, but their two leading candidates lie about going to west point and denigrate POWs.

20. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

He's single handedly trying replace the saying "its not brain surgery". What does it say about the Republican party when their 2 candidates leading the polls at the moment really seem be sociopaths?