1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Ben Carson: A Muslim President is against the US Constitution

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

50 years you could replace that with black, catholic, or jew and you would have got the same answer.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

JFK averaged 70.1 approval ratings during his presidency.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ucExu334i6Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

What about blacks, catholics, or jews would put them at odd with the US Constitution? Which of them has an instruction to kill the infidels? Not only do the Muslims have that instruction, they have a worldwide surge to make it a reality.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Obama's just a test candidate for the Muslim Illuminati.

The real conspiracy begins...

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The real question: Do we want an idiot savant as the president? yes or no?

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Judaism is based on the Old Testament. Have you read that thing? 5% is compatible with a modern secular republic. If there was a television series based on Old Testament God, it would only be allowed on HBO.

8. Carl Herrera

Do people who say a Muslim cannot be President also believe that Kim Davis cannot be County Clerk?

9. giddyup

Let me know when there is a Jewish group of marauders.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm going purely based on scripture and actual ideology and not empirical data because obviously there are more Muslims resorting to violence than Jews by a wide margin today however that doesn't necessarily have to do with scripture. There are other factors involved such as poverty, and the general social health of Muslim dominant nations.

This nuance matters because if the question is "Is the Quran compatible with the U.S. Constitution?" then we can also ask "Is the Old Testament compatible with the U.S. Constitution?" and the answer should be answered directly with out sidestepping it by mentioning what it's followers are doing. Read the Old Testament and Quran back to back and you would be hard pressed to say one is any more compatible with the U.S. constitution. Both of them would violate many aspects of the Bill of Rights.

If Ben Carson wants to decide whether a candidate's religion is compatible with the U.S. Constitution, then I would assume he would look at scripture and not what a certain segment of it's followers are doing because if he were to use the latter criteria that would be the very definition of bigoted. However, if he were to use the first criteria, then he would have to admit that both Islam and Judaism are both incompatible with the U.S. Constitution and a case can be made for the New Testament also.

#130 fchowd0311, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  11. Carl Herrera

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. giddyup

I believe Carson's response was that he would not vote for a presidential candidate, regardless of religion, who did not uphold the US Constitution. His answer was different for a member of congress because the stakes are not so high and the responsibilities are different.

Seems like a pretty obvious answer actually.

13. giddyup

One hot spot on the entire globe and a localized struggle that is over 50 years ongoing. I'm looking for roving, militarized gangs like AQ or ISIS that are bent on conquering new territories. Sympathy for those is what we need to avoid in the highest office in our land.

14. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Shouldn't we worry about legalizing whiskey sales in Texas on a Sunday before we get our collective panties in a wad about sharia?

Because when I think about religious fanatics undermining my freedom, they aren't quoting the Koran.

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Yeah personally I'd like to be able to buy liquor at Kroger/HEB

Or not have to wait till noon on Sunday to buy wine.

Or not worry if the cvs I'm walking into is next to a church so I can get my six pack of shiner.

That damn sharia.

16. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Yesterday I was at HEB buying stuff for my friend's son's birthday party, and wasn't impressed with the wine selection, and went next door to Twin Liquors to get cava for the grownups. When I saw it was closed, I remembered that I live under Protestant occupation. I guess that I should be happy that I can at least dance on Sundays, or not stuck in a dry county like the soldiers on Fort Hood confined to the Class Six, but it would be nice to live like people do in free countries that don't have religious liquor laws, like Egypt and Mexico.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Move to California. We buy can buy hard liquor in grocery stores and CVS pharmacies as well. Our Costco has a great selection for a good price.

18. giddyup

When I moved to NC in the mid-70s, you couldn't even buy gas before Noon on Sunday and, IIRC, some grocery items were also unavailable. You can still only buy hard liquor at state-owned stores.

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

It turns out Ben Carson is a bigger nutjob than one might have expect.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/09/ben-carson-conspiracy-theory-cleon-skousen

Here are a couple of excerpts from a longer article.

But he has provided one important clue as to his fundamental political worldview, by repeatedly endorsing a far-right conspiracy theorist named W. Cleon Skousen, who was characterized in 2007 by the conservative National Review as an "all-around nutjob." Skousen came to prominence in the 1950s as a virulent anti-Communist crusader; he later claimed that a global cabal of bankers controlled the world from behind the scenes, and he once wrote a book that referred to the "blessings of slavery."

"There was a guy who was a former CIA agent by the name of Cleon Skousen who wrote a book in 1958 called The Naked Communist, and it laid out the whole agenda. You would think by reading it that it was written last year—showing what they're trying to do to American families, what they're trying to do to our Judeo-Christian faith, what they're doing to morality." (Skousen had been an FBI employee—not a CIA officer—and mainly engaged in administrative and clerical duties; later he was a professor at Brigham Young University and police chief of Salt Lake City.) And the most recent edition of this Skousen book boasts Carson's endorsement on the front cover: "The Naked Communist lays out the whole progressive plan. It is unbelievable how fast it has been achieved."