1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben Carson: A Muslim President is against the US Constitution

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Sep 21, 2015.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Would you want a President one generation from a continent that eats genocide for brunch with a side of witchcraft and military rape; there's crazy all around if you cast a wide enough net.

3. Exiled

Exiled Member

It's an attempt to impress AIPAC, would't fault him for that

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Uh, yeah it is since fundamentalist Christians "disagree with the constitution". In fact a fundamentalist Christian recently got thrown in jail for disagreeing with the Constitution.

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

i did. 'limited government', but if you want u can add 'protect individual rights' to the mix. I also disagree with your assertion that Christianity has anything to do with the Conservative philosophy. point me to a tenet of conservatism based in the supernatural?

Your arguments of lots of Conservatives are Christians isn't very compelling. Lots of Liberals are Christians. Lots of White Supremacists are Christians.

No she didn't, go read what law she violated.

#45 tallanvor, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  6. Classic

Classic Member

glynch, can you please post the entirety of what carson said so I may read his statements within the context they were intended and not some journalist's independent interpretation?

thanks bud

7. CometsWin

Of course she didn't.

8. tallanvor

Well why don't you tell me what part of the constitution she has been accused of violating.

9. fchowd0311

Are you serious? The GOP platform is heavily Christian dependent. Do you think an open atheist like Bernie could ever run on a Republican ticket today even if he was a die hard fiscal conservative?

10. tallanvor

The GOP platform can be conservative or not conservative. They are not the arbiters of Conservatism. DO you not see the Tea Party using large amounts of their funding to eliminate Republicans (not that they are the arbiters)?

Sure. Objectivists and atheists do support the Republican party.

11. CometsWin

The equal protection clause? Heard of it? She refused a court order to stop violating the Constitutional rights of gay people seeking marriage licences because she is a fundamentalist Christian that thinks God is above the law in this country.

Damn you're freaking obtuse.

12. tallanvor

NO. she was jailed for contempt of court. The amendments protect citizens from government legislation. Not usually an individual.

13. fchowd0311

I'm not referring to support. I'm referring to being an actual presidential candidate with an actual chance of surviving the primaries as an open atheist. Can an open atheist in today's GOP be competitive in a GOP primary? Answer that direct question.

14. tallanvor

I did. I said 'sure'

15. fchowd0311

No. You said there are atheists who support the GOP which I'm sure there are which is entirely different than my question which referred to an open atheist running in a GOP primary. Your phrasing made it seem like that was what you meant by 'sure'.

So you honestly believe an open atheist could be competitive in a GOP primary? Is that why Trump, who never has been considered a man of god has to pander towards the Christian right with statements such as the Bible being his favorite book?

You honestly believe that an open atheist can be competitive in a GOP primary?
    Then you don't know your own party.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes Republicans can elect someone who wants to prevent gays from getting married which the Supreme Court said is in fact covered by the constitution. Their rational falls back onto their Christian faith. So by definition, people do vote for Christians whose beliefs stand against the constitution.

It's not really about the constitution is it? It's about not liking Islam.

What about an atheist. Their beliefs would work perfectly with the constitution. Would Carson think it's ok for an Atheist to be president? Or would that run counter to his beliefs...and would that in turn run counter to the constitution?

All of this means that Ben Carson isn't fit to run for president as his beliefs are inconsistent with the constitution.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rY0WxgSXdEE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. tallanvor

for the 3rd time. 'Sure'.

Not sure what the GOP has to do whether or not Conservatism has metaphysical/supernatural beliefs (that was the discussion).

18. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

most definitely

19. Apps

Apps Member

Yet again, someone with a wholly erroneous notion of what "taqiya" is. Taqiya does not allow you to just lie willy-nilly whenever the hell you want. It only allows you to lie about your sect when your life is being threatened by a Muslim from another sect.

It was originally created by Shi'as to protect themselves from being killed by Sunni Muslims. Just recently there was a gruesome video where Sunni terrorists killed a truckload of Shi'as for incorrectly answering some religious questions, after they had practiced "taqiya" (lying about being Sunni) in order to protect their lives.

In short, taqiya is only allowed when your life is on the line. It is born out of a history of persecution of Shi'a Muslims at the hands of a Sunni majority in ME/NA. The notion that you can just lie to get what you want is a commonly spread piece of disinformation meant to vilify Shi'a Muslims.

1 person likes this.
  20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the kind of information welcome in these threads. It's factual and shines light on something that was previously unknown by myself and possibly some other posters as well.

Thanks for sharing.