1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Believe it or not: Josh Smith asked to get DMoted

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 6, 2015.

?

Believe it or not? Did Josh Smith asked to get DMoted?

1. Believe it!

47.8%
  2. Not!

34.3%
  3. I abstain, courteously.

18.0%
  1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not sure if I buy this theory. If winning was the most important thing to him, he wouldn't have signed with Detroit. That said, maybe the Detroit experience (especially the being waived part) taught him something that made him grow up fast.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

this is preposterous! josh smith would never asked to be benched! HE'S A MONSTER!

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Smith might have asked to get Dmoted, but never demoted.

4. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Josh smith has the potential to be ELITE with this team! Especially with dwert. Those passes/ally oops were on point. Dwight just needs to finish. Can't wait for this team to mesh and dominate.

5. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

If he would pass instead of taking a 3, that would be great. We could also start using him on low screens to get him open down low. Or, run offense with Dwight picking his block and Josh going to the other side [I admit that I don't really know whether we are doing that].

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I can believe Josh Smith decided he needed more time to adjust to the team. I'm sure he still wants to be the starter long term. And I have no problem with him being the starter IF HE OUT PLAYS D-MO!

If he doesn't, he should stay on the bench.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Could be true. Either way, he was likely promised more shots.

8. baubo

baubo Member

By all accounts the Pistons didn't just outbid everyone else, they blew every other offer by a significant margin. I mean, there's wanting to win and there's too stupid to pass up an offer like that.

9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I wish Rockets Mngmt/Coaches would ask Ariza the same question! Maybe we'll stop loosing by 5-10 points.

Brewer

10. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Coach McHale's handling of this situation has been masterful...or very lucky.

He brought Josh in off the bench first game when there were some indicators that said Josh had asked for and received a guarantied starting position.

Josh did well so Coach elevated him to start...and then it was very clear to everyone that the team was better with Josh coming off the bench...at least for the time being.

Yes, I believe Josh bought in to coming off the bench. McHale was absolutely masterful in handling this. DMo also was able to see that his position was not threatened unfairly. He also bought in to the change. Again, masterful work by McHale.

This situation had the potential to destroy the team chemistry and possibly ruin DMo's career with the Rockets organization.

There is a lot more than X's and O's in coaching at this level...and Coach McHale has worked this situation to perfection.

11. kemah

kemah Member

If Josh blows this chance he will be out of the NBA for good. That is pretty good motivation.

12. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

wp wp. I liked the analogy

13. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Believe it. Josh is probably sick of playing with Howard.;)

14. RedSnipe

RedSnipe Member

Josh Smith needs to stop shooting anything beyond the free throw. When the other team stops covering you on the perimeter, that's a sign that you might be a liability.

15. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

so we gave the wrong credit to mchale for starting dmo over smtih

16. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I see it too. Smith and Howard could be lethal. Smith just has to stop shooting so many freaking 3's. I say that but he only shoots 1 or 2 a game, the problem is that he has no reason shooting anything long range.

Fun Fact: In yesterday's game against the Bulls, Smith shot 5 three pointers, the most he has shot ALL season. Add that to the list of reasons why the Rockets lost.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If true then he is not a Low IQ guy

Mediocre BBall IQ guy

18. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

As long as he's not a liability to the team, could care less.

His best games so far have been off the bench ironically.

1 person likes this.
  19. Nivos

Nivos Member

I don't know, he's usage rate is too damn high from the bench.
    I prefer him with Harden. Only pick & Rolls and close range dunks please. No funny stuff, we cant have 2 Harden style passes on the same team.
    Offcourse he preffers to be the main guy on offense but I don't think its good for the team.