1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Being Del Harris

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Trader Dan, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I was listening to the Hubie Brown clip on the Mavs/Rockets and they brought up Del Harris. I don't know about you guys, but I still remember and appreciate Del for communicating with Dan/us last summer and decided to send him a 'good luck' e-mail via Mark Cuban on the Mavs' website.

Below is the text:

Dear Coach Harris,

I still remember your taking the time to correspond with Dan Malberg last summer, who picked your brains on Yao Ming, the Chinese National Team, and basketball in general on behalf of a group of Rockets fans. Your kindness was and still is much appreciated. Although as a Rockets fan I want very much to beat the crap out of your team this coming week, I want to wish you and the Mavericks organization the best of luck this post-season. As a Del Harris fan and a Texan, I will be rooting for the Mavericks should you advance to the second round and beyond. It’s been a great year for basketball, and the best is yet to come.

2. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Dude! Sending messages to Del Harris through Mark Cuban is NOT a good idea. All Cuban wants is to eat our team alive, and you are talking about the relationship between Yao Ming, Del Harris and Rockets fans.

Scenario 1: Cuban would be reminded that Harris knows Yao really well and interogates Harris for Yao's weaknesses.

Scenario 2: Cuban would get suspecious about the relationship between Yao and Harris, and lose trust for Harris.

Anyway, I am probably stretching it. But under any circumstances, how would you feel if you were the boss, and you just got reminded that your important employee and your emeny have a special relationship? If you want to contact Harris, do it through Trader Dan, and definitely not Mark Cuban!

3. pettinati

pettinati Contributing Member

Relax, man....it's not that serious...

4. caphorns

caphorns Member

You left out -

Scenario 3: Mark Cuban gets win of this and goes postal on ClutchBBS. Being a tech wiz, he creates a virus that completely destroys the site. Yao Ming, Tracy McGrady and Jeff VanGundy, closet Cluthfans lurkers, lose out on all the valuable Clutchfans' advice and information and the Rockets lose to the Mavs as a result. Carroll Dawson can no longer figure out any cool trades and the Rox are stuck with Vin Baker at the 3 in 2006. In an odd but seemingly related development, Steve Francis figures out how to play the 1 but is relagated to the 2-spot.

5. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Scenario 4: You put something in the tipjar and becomes a "contributing member"...

6. caphorns

caphorns Member

Membership has its privileges. But if I put money in an Internet website, my wife would ASSUME it was for p*rn. So, I'm good. Leave a jar around my office though and I'll free up some change anytime. ;)