1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beijing Authorities to Ban Blacks and Mongolians from Bars During Olympics

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by weslinder, Jul 18, 2008.

1. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

i don't know how many times a lot of us said, there are tons of **** wrong in China. but to make up **** on purpose is uncalled for.

like i said before, there is nothing they did to africans that they didn't do to Chinese. so you can only say, lack of human rights, but you can't say discrimination. the police beat up some africans, and they beat up more Chinese. but you guys never think about that.

it's not a coincidence that recently (2008), the anti-China trend started in expected places around the world. why didn't this happen a few years ago? anything major happened in the last few years? no. it's a trend that Chinese people need to get used and re-exam how to deal with the coming challenges. people are not going to get used it over night. and even we did, why should we sit here and not saying anything? i say whatever i want to say. besides, you guys started this thread to bait for a dicussion anyway. without the Chinese posters, how the hell would this dicussion anywhere.

a lot of us are way more critical about government than you guys too on specific issues. i just don't want to tell you.

2. yuantian

for starters, most chinese people have never met an african before. don't you americans say, all chinese people look the same?

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no
    that was just chris tucker in rush hour 2 when they were fighting ricky tan's henchmen at the chinese spa

2:18 mark

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F9PWjpngkTA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F9PWjpngkTA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. yuantian

well then, maybe you guys should make that a joke and put it on a movie. we chinese people take that comment seriously and offended. :D

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

What if you are a Black Mongolian, does that mean you are ok? Sort of like two negatives making a positive?

Not saying either are negative to me, but the Chinese authorities seem to think so...

DD

6. tinman

Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fFzuxgivmQ8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fFzuxgivmQ8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

If the policemen really said so, that's obviously racial profiling, just like what happens in some of the American airports. However, that's your guess, right? I don't doubt it could happen, but I can't believe it's official policy to target all blacks, especially at this critical time before Olympics.

8. jli

jli Member

We let the world know that we were fed up with the Chinese government in Tianmen Square in 1989. I am proud to be a part of it.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

i'm sure getting hit on the head hurts if it was on purpose or if it was a mistake.

racial profiling happens everywhere.. but i never got hit in the head at the airport.

maybe they thought that dude was rodney king going on vacation in china, who knows.

10. real_egal

I guess you were never around the drug raid at the scene, neither was I. I was never hit by policemen in any country, but that's no ground to claim there is no racism in any country.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

that's the whole point of having reporters right?

you can't be in a million places at the same time and witness everything.
    would i know if the injustices in the asia, europe, or even my city if no one reported it?

someone could beat me down today, but it would take along time for me to tell the whole world, but if i made the news, lots of people would know about it.

or i can find some fake rockets fan who thinks jordan's bulls were better and i could beat him down, no one would know... unless someone reported it!

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

how do you know it's made up?

and why does it make it ok to discriminate against blacks and beat them up because chinese get beat up too??????

and frankly, i don't give a damn about baiting you guys. This is really troubling. China is a very powerful nation, and might become the world's most powerful. If this is the standard operating procedure, I think I have a right to be very concerned - particularly since representives from the country seem to be ok with their gov't doing whatever they want.

You're at liberty not to share your criticism - but that only makes you appear like you have none.

13. yuantian

that's because in discussions over the years, i've stated many many times. i'm sick of typing it everytime someone baits. you don't give a damn about baiting, i don't give a damn about my comments here either. all the **** yall say about bull****, you like that? we are always right cause we said so. hah.

anyways, as for police brutality, is much more of a problem in US than in china to start with. a lot chinese police don't even have a gun and bad people know it tool. those cops have to protect themselves too. if you are in a shady place and surrounded by a mob, you would be scared too.

and my point is, it's NOT discrimination against anyone, if every race is getting the equal treatment. i didn't say the treatment is ok, but my point is that it's equal.

and i don't recall china had recently invaded and occupied other countries. so doesn't matter how ****ty it is in china, it's ain't your problem.

14. real_egal

yes, and real journalism is required. If something that huge - a county is giving order to target a whole ethnic group, with official policy, like Germans did to Jews, you will see thousands of reports from hundreds of real reporters, from various sources and personal experiences, NOT just an unnamed source in China claimed by ONE reporter. The Global and Mail or those blogs quoting them are NOT reporting.

Yes, that's very suspicious, ONLY one single person caught this ground-breaking news with such profound impact. REmember the German Bild Zeitung and Der Spiegel used same photos of Nepal policemen beating down Tibetan to claim Chinese brutality? They ended up looking really stupid.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I love when pro-PRC government people lecture us about "real" journalism.

China is ranked 163 out of 169 countries in the Reporters sans Frontieres press freedom index, clocking in just ahead of Burma/Myanmar and Iran.

That's for a reason.

16. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

This thread has become the typical China threads here in D&D.

I don't know if this is real or made up. Personally I have a hard time believing that, after all those hard work the PRC government has put in the preparation of the Olympics to showcase a modern China, they would do something as stupid as this to put their blatant racism under the spotlight. They got to be smarter than this. Also, as of right now, there hasn't been a separate source to confirm this report.

We are NOT OK with everything the PRC government does. There are numerous things that i wish they hadn't done or did in other ways but that's not the topic of this thread. But we are also NOT OK with accusing the PRC government with something they didn't do. What I would like to see is further proof that this banning did or did not happen. Until that happens, I will hold my skepticism.

17. yuantian

ya, and Reporters sans Frontieres is who? some lame bull**** organization squeezed outta fake freedom lovers' ass.

18. real_egal

How dare I lecture anyone on anything? I just stated 2 single facts:

1. This ground breaking new discovery was claimed by one person.

2. Germans used a Nepal photo to claim Chinese brutality.

Now, you can continue with your usual lecture.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

^ Some of you pro PRC folks are saying "well the chinese wouldn't do something like this cause it's really stupid!"

It's telling that you're not saying "they wouldn't do this because its wrong"

Round ups of african dealers on Sanlitun Lu are apparently common - why are you surprised at this?

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I FRICKEN LOVE THAT MOVIE !!

Breaking out the SHO NUFF take....awesomely old school.....

DD