1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Behind the Scenes at the DNC

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Nov 2, 2017.

1. dmoneybangbang

Trump merely said he was anti establishment and he was better liar to the middle class. Bernie was also very populist with very little policy details.

This election was about telling exactly what they wanted to hear and who could be more dishonest. The rust belt and industrial NE have been case slumping pre-21st century.

jo mama likes this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Not to rehash everything but the problem with Hilary Clinton is she wasn't a politician.

She is Bill Clinton's wife. Trump is going to beat her in a sales contest everyday of the week. She didn't have to ever sell herself even in NY where she was basically placed to eventually run for President and her biggest backers didn't understand that was gonna come back to haunt her .

#42 pgabriel, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    dmoneybangbang likes this.
  3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This is why we end up with candidates like Hillary and Trump. At the end of the day, the blind party loyalists will reward their partys no matter what they do.

I would say its the complete opposite. Rewarding your party for their poor decisions is against ones self interest.

The reality is Hillary CLinton does not represent Democrats. I am not sure why you think she better represents you when both her and teh Donald are cut from the same cloth. Self entitled egomanics.

Deji McGever and Granville like this.
  4. mick fry

mick fry Member

And still people defend this b****.[​IMG]
    (See Below)

#44 mick fry, Nov 3, 2017
  5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Hillary is shady, but there is no equivalency between her and Trump.

Trump is an incompetent, racist, trust fund baby who is unequivocally corrupt and unethical.

Hillary is a good politician, who has done a lot of good, however she has made some questionable moves.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's the thing. Hillary is shady. She isn't worthy of anyone's support. But she's still 90 times better than Trump.
    I didn't vote for her.

I hope the DNC rids itself of all the corruption. I do believe that it's newsworthy to shine a spotlight on the corruption.

But it shouldn't make anyone supporting Trump feel better about themselves. None of this is as bad as a dozen of the things that Trump has done. It doesn't put Trump supporters and Hillary supporters in the same category.

7. Space Ghost

I completely agree. Out of all of the candidates, I probably disagreed with Bernie the most, but he is the only one who I would have voted for and not felt bad about it. Bernie would have destroyed Trump.

8. dmoneybangbang

I was speaking in the context of the 2016, it's not like Johnson or Stein were remotely qualified this election. Politics is winner takes all regardless of ones' feelings and notions of fair.

A third party would have to start at the state level and build a serious coalition. Hard to govern without legislative help and neither green party or libertarian have much presence in the House or Senate.

I doubt any single candidate could represent an entire party. The art of compromise has been lost. Environmentalist who didn't vote Clinton shot themselves in the foot because Hillary wasn't pure enough for example. I think folks on the disenfranchised left picked the worst time to take some moral stand when Trump/Freedom Caucus/Religious Right were their true opponents.

Because I don't believe the things Trump believes or what he says he believes or what he thinks people want to hear.

He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and she was born without a spoon. Sorry, Trump is a level worse than Hillary in my eyes.

9. dmoneybangbang

I agree with this.

Clinton didn't have to be "anti-establishment" she just had to stand for something. She could have just took the Medicare for all idea as her own and campaigned on that/sell that. She played a safe campaign and let the narrative drive her.

pgabriel likes this.
  10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

The working class obliterated Hillary. I can't imagine what they would of done to Bernie's policies. A loudmouth who says he will reduce my taxes vs a guy promising to raise my taxes over 10K. not sure how you think people pick Bernie.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Party is in disarray
    and they have no real plan

They can only rally the base every 4 years
    they have no midterm game plans

Rocket River

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Both parties have to let the process play out.

Republicans also had an establishment issue.

Also every loss isn't a disaster but getting beat by Trump was. Obama had a ground game. Fundamentals

13. Space Ghost

I think the problem with the 'well informed' group of both sides is they view the general American population as gullible and ignorant. On the contrary, I believe they understand the reality better than those who think they are well informed. After all, they are the one's electing their Congressman and a congressman will not put his job in jeopardy in fear of not being re-elected.

I think most Americans know Bernies pipe dream liberal policies will never pass in Congress and that is the only reason why they would allow him to be elected in the first place.

14. tallanvor

Can you give me an example of a time an electorate voted someone into office with the hope that person's agenda would not pass? An American example preferably. I want to understand the scenario you are talking about.

I didn't vote for Trump, but personally I find his loudmouth blabbering to be harmless and that seems to be most people's gripe.

#54 tallanvor, Nov 3, 2017
  15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

"Better than Trump" is weaksauce and "we already knew" exposes and proves complicity. If either of those are your position then you got what you deserve. Trump.

16. Space Ghost

On the contrary, can you give me an example of when we have had four extremely unqualified candidates run for POTUS? ... when only one of them was truly nominated from their base?

I find it odd that I rarely run into a person who admit they voted for Trump. I am not insinuated you voted for Trump, because like you and everyone else around me, they didnt vote for Trump too. However most of the people in my circle state they would vote for Bernie over Hillary, Trump or Johnson. Hell even my extreme conservative mother showed interest in Bernie over Trump and Hillary.

17. tallanvor

2008 and 2012 I would say had some awful choices.

You can't name a single example of an electorate voting for a candidate with the hope their agenda doesn't pass? I doubt it would happen for bernie if its never happened before

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Jesus wouldn't look good running for President. There can never be a perfect candidate. That's just the nature of negative attacks in election, and the American skepticism society (which can be healthy, but can be hijacked easily as well). Typically, no candidate or elected official is as bad as portrayed, including Trump. Everything is spin negatively. Some hit it on the mark, but some do not. There are always clear differences, but the advantage is typically to the "bad" candidate / elected officials in a war of negatives.

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

No one voted for Trump apparently. :rolleyes: Must have been massive election fraud...

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

No, just massive hiding, bottling it up.

Apparently, negative news and attacking Clinton is a relief valve