1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Befriend Bienemy

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by coachbadlee, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Bingo, lol.

jiggyfly and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

He has a checkered past for sure. He was even banned from the University of Colorado after being a First Team All American there..... you have to be pretty bad for that to happen. I know most of these issues were 20 years ago or longer, but it is still something a team has to be sensitive to when making a decision on who to lead a team. There have been whispers about the level of knowledge he had about the rape allegations against CU players when he was a coach at the program.

It's just my speculation but I suspect the struggles of Matt Nagy probably hurts Bieniemy's chances. Nagy was the Chiefs OC, everyone associated with the Chiefs said he was great, including Andy Reid and Nagy was exposed as having almost no real innovative ability.

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. Major

Major Member

The main difference we know of between Bienemy and other black coach candidates is that Bienemy interviews a lot. If Leslie Frazier or whomever else interviewed 15 times, it's possible he'd get rejected 15 times too. No one has hired a black coach in the last 3 years except the Texans fake-hire of Culley and now the flopped process that led to Lovie Smith and that's the timeframe Bienemy has supposedly been a legitimate HC candidate.

There's definitely a possibility that something is wrong specifically with Bienemy (and it's likely). But until we start seeing other black coordinators getting hired, it's hard to really say for sure. The general trend right now in hiring seems to be young, offensive, and whiteish. Bienemy is neither young nor whitish. Flores is neither offensive nor whitish. Frazier is none of the above. Leftwich is not whitish. None of these people are getting hired so far.

EDIT: On the Texans getting roasted, part of it is that they hired David Culley. Bienemy may suck, but can anyone really say he would have been worse than Bienemy? That was never a serious interview because they Texans were never serious about hiring anyone. Other teams, it can be argued, are hiring potentially better guys. That doesn't apply to the Texans.

Nook likes this.
  4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wish someone would fake hire me for 22 million and then fire me , I would fade into Cabo San Lucas!!!

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Once again its on!!! Come on Texans!

6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Very good.

7. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

If he came to Houston and our offense looks some what good, owners would knock the door down for him.

gfab-babyboi and coachbadlee like this.
  8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I don’t think the Texans will ever again hire anyone with any questionable character issues around women.

King1, ROCKSS, thedude077 and 3 others like this.
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Deservedly so.

CRJ713 likes this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

But a championship winning organization did. Are you saying the Texans are not worthy?

11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Does that mean Charles Omenihu is not coming back?? Damn, we'll see

12. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

True. Also, there are a lot of people in the NFL who apparently know something the common fan doesn't know. Eric Bienemy has been the "OC" for years in easily the most successful offense over the same period, yet he hasn't even SNIFFED an NFL Head Coaching gig. There's a reason for that. And spare me with that racial BS, cause that just isn't it. Almost every other successful black Coordinator over the last few years has been given an opportunity. Leftwhich (turned down JAX), Mike McDaniel, Anthony Lynn, Robert Saleh, Leslie Frazier, Todd Bowles, Raheem Morris, and others.

I'm NOT saying race doesn't affect some of these teams, I'm just pointing out that Bienemy NOT getting offered a gig is not because of race. For some reason, these NFL teams don't believe that he's the right guy. If you doubt this, you could also try to look into why Bienemy has been given a 1-year deal for the last 3 seasons in a row. Most coordinators that turn down coaching gigs other places, are rewarded for loyalty and their skills by extending their contract and giving a larger salary....but for some reason the Chiefs haven't done that....

david_rocket and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Them not extending him probably has something to do with him looking for a HC job. Also with him reportedly being open to a lateral move to go somewhere where he can "spread his wings".as an OC without the shadow of Reid looming over him.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  14. Fantasma Negro

If we were to get an Andy Reid disciple I'd rather have Matt Nagy

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. Fantasma Negro

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I hear he's already interviewed with Baltimore. Texans should at least give him a Zoom session.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

How many NFL champions have they interviewed for OC?

18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

There's a reason he doesn't have a HC position yet. He's a scumbag who isn't particularly well liked. When everything came out Reid did some damage control for him but it was obvious when Mahomes was yelling at him on the sideline. You never see Mahomes do that

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You're right! I don't want no stinkin' scumbag for my HC!!
    Hey, I know!! What about for OC?!!

20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I don't think he'd fit with a guy like Demeco honestly. Plus, after the Watson catastrophe, we can't really take the risk

raining threes and primtim24 like this.