1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Before You Go Blaming Our Stars...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

"Is it a bad time to point out that I can be moved in by Monday? OK, yeah, it's a bad time. I'll check back later."

[​IMG]

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Both stars deserve blame because neither Tracy nor Yao played that well. When you are building a brick house the way Tracy was, you MUST stop shooting jumpers. What a joke! Tracy: PLEASE TAKE THE BALL TO THE BASKET AND DRAW FOULS. Like always, the Jazz will be more than happy to oblige. And 8 TOs for Yao is crazy. He's got to take better care of the ball and almost got a perverse triple-double tonight. Several times he looked foolish and like he was moving in slow motion. On the other hand, Yao drew a ton of fouls. Good job there.

There is no way to deny that Tracy's shot selection and Yao's TOs killed us. Spin it any way you want.

Shane played well enough. As usual, he didn't force anything on offense and he was active on defense.

Chuck did OK. He hustled and played hard.

Rafer made too many bad passes, but I'm proud of him for only taking 5 shots. I can live with this Rafer if he takes a little better care of the ball.

Luther and Juwan were garbage. Ever since the Dallas home game (without Yao, that we blew at the end) where Luther was jittery and way out of sync, I've had a feeling he would choke in the playoffs. This is exactly what's happened in these 3 games and I don't expect him to improve. Juwan's jumper has been M.I.A. for a few games now. I'm still not ready to give Novak floor time, but you could argue "why not"?

We are fortunate that Deron Williams has played small in this series or it would be 2-1 or 3-0 the other way. Let's hope it continues.

I think it's on JVG to reduce Luther's minutes or take him out of the rotation. Give Snyder those minutes instead and see what happens. A jittery Luther that can't shoot is a recipe for failure. Yao and Tracy must step it up. The Jazz have played tough defense but that doesn't fully explain what happened tonight. To have 3 players score 61 out of our pathetic grand total of 67 points is historic ineptitude.

Going forward, I think we are still likely to win the series. It's possible tonight was the Jazz's best punch. We'll see. If not, this series is going the distance.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This guy may be a punk...

But he is a baller!!!!!

In a game like today's we needed a mean man like Mike James.

We have a team full of cupcakes.

4. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

But the good news is..Rockets are still up 2-1 without playing their best game. Two years ago against dallas,the Rockets were 2-1 playing their best, those triples are gonna start falling soon. T-mac needs to quit taking jumpers and go after their defense to put more pressure on them while getting open looks for his teamates.

5. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

team mates*

6. bluepart

bluepart Member

Alright. Blame Yao for every loss, and even wins.

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The bad news is ...its just the Jazz. We have not even gone up against the REAL teams and we are already setting all kinds of records.

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

In two games this year, if Kobe had one more basket he could have tied or had more points than we did in this playoff game, if he had 7 extra points in another he could've tied what we scored tonight.

Can we trade our bench for Kobe? At least we don't have to worry about him not scoring any points.

9. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Yao and T-Mac, "50 is not enough? What should we do? Score 90?".

10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

True. Mike James was the player besides Tracy and Yao who stepped up in the crucial part of the Dallas playoff series.

We always had the young Sam, the Maxwell, the not quite star role players who could not be intimidated when we got our championships.

Battier, Motumbo and Hayes cannot be intimidated, but they are not exactly offensive players who can create their own shots.

PS I still expect the Rockets to win this series.

#70 glynch, Apr 26, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  11. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

GAME 7 MEMORIES BACK ALL OVER.......

this is for some of the cocky or over confident fans on this board who thought we were going to sweep the jazz with a pathetic bench like ours..

12. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

Ouch... it really hurts to see Mike James's pic after tonight's game.
    We could've....... nevermind. :(

13. aaronnguyen

aaronnguyen Member

Our Stars were not shinning because there were no supporting cast except Shane. Where were our bench ? Do we need to put their pictures on the milk carton ? What was up with 19 turn over and 32% shooting ? What wrong with them they think they can win with 30 plus pecent shooting every game. They need to get that thing out of their head and start think about the game more.

14. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

It's time to break open the bench and let someone other than Head play. He is useless out there. Still no Def and now zero on offense. And you can't tell if he's in the game or not with his facal expression. He looks disinterested almost.

If not shooting is the goal, let VSpan plan. If bad passing is OK, let VSpan play. At least he will penetrate and draw fouls.

15. mc-fine

mc-fine Member

52 wins and 2 playoff victories... then all of a sudden it hits you

16. jinyaomac

jinyaomac Member

Only 4 rockets scored... I bet it is NBA record... Can't believe this.. :mad:

Bring Bonzi back!!!!

17. azjw

azjw Member

Are you in English literature major, pal? Those are the exact feelings of mine and I can NEVER say it that well. ;)

18. skywater

skywater Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Too many 1V1 for Yao! Yao was too tired to be efficient at final minutes. :(

Jazz defenders fouled in most plays against Yao/Mac but only half of them were called. :mad:

19. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Look closely in the stands there -- you can see CD (just to the left of Okur's left bicep), Morey (far right just above Yao's head) and in between them I can't tell ... is that Dennis Lindsey?

20. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

Two most likely results:

a. JVG and his team packs it in and gives up

or more likiely,

b. We find out if our guys have any cojones, get so p.o.'d because they embarassed themselves, the coach, the team and us fans, that they come out Saturday night breathing fire and brimstone and decide to kick some serious Utah 'azz.

I think they've got it in them!