1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Before You Go Blaming Our Stars...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

...this is not on them. Yao struggled. TMac struggled. But, when only FOUR players score...FOUR...you are screwed no matter what you do.

It cannot be ONLY two guys. The Rockets are missing wide open shots while their stars are having EVERYTHING contested.

While Yao and McGrady are mugged on every shot, their teammates are getting wide open looks and missing shot after shot after shot.

The defense has been great. The rebounding has been adequate. We've taken a lot of free throws. The stars have played at a high level. It is the remainder of the team that has sucked BIG TIME in this series and YET, we are up 2-1 and have yet to shoot 40 percent. It could be a lot worse.

2. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Bench scored 0, if I was JVG I'd tell the starters to go to another room and give the bench players a good yell

3. sohrab

sohrab Member

agreed. total garbage from the role players

4. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

good post, jeff, your absolutely right on. the whole team played absolutely pathetic. everyone.

5. liu1107

liu1107 Contributing Member

play bonzi god damn it!

6. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Anyone know what happened to Luther/Juwan's game?

7. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

our third score was frozen at home,

8. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

I do not thinks so, Battier did best job.
    Yao played a terrible first half.

Head's performance is totally a disaster, we are not suprised by Alston's job.

9. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

10. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

Fire JVG!!!!!!!!! :mad: Damn, I am mad. Pathetic offense. Last time I checked, you have to SCORE more points than the other team to win the game. 9 points the entire 3rd quarter??????????

11. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

That is the million dollar question. Will we EVER shoot 40 percent?

12. dookiester

dookiester Member

i just wonder how long everybody can stay ice cold. and i mean everybody; nobody on this team has had a good shooting game even once, except chuck hayes in game 2 going 5-5 with his nifty little floaters. the rockets sure do have chemistry; when they're off, they're all off.

13. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

I thought we traded them.

14. liu1107

liu1107 Contributing Member

they have no game in playoff....
    in playoffs ... physical hardcore defense can take away their game easily because they lack of atheleticism/size.

15. smileandnod

smileandnod Member

Holly crap, someone needs to tell Luther Head to get his head in the game. He made so many mental mistakes tonight. I keep telling myself there is no way we can continue to shoot this badly. I hope we start to shoot better next game. We are lucky to be up 2-1 at this point.

16. jinyaomac

jinyaomac Member

Tmac/yao had pretty decent game... They played good enough to win this game, but 0pt from bench really killed us..

0pt...... zero!! :mad:

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Head and Juwan CANNOT go a combined 0-10 from the field. That is inexcusable. Hell, if they're gonna shoot that bad, Van Gundy might as well put Novak and V-Span in the game. It can't get any worse.

18. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

There is always the temptation to blame the stars. They take on that pressure. There is the temptation to say McGrady isn't intense and to call Yao soft. That may be true on occassion for both of them, but the rest of this team has been absolute garbage. Good grief.

19. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

i'm blaming juwan and luther head

when the **** will they show up?

20. WNBA

WNBA Member

They are playing a new level of basketball. I hope they fail miserabily and fire JVG.