1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Before Game 5, Jeremy Lin hadn't done a great job of being an offensive spark this series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 1, 2014.

?

Before Game 5, Jeremy Lin hadn't done a great job of being an offensive spark this series

1. True

282 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. False

231 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. pademon

pademon Member

Clutch is developing as a politican.

2. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Exactly. Why focus on Lin for the series? He was demoted to a bench player which hurts anybody's confidence. He does not have the kind of minutes or coach's confidence as Manu & Crawford are getting from their respective coaches as the true 6th man of their teams. McHale treats him with no respect and the leash is shorter than a waist bell. His roles keep on changing in the team. How do you expect a young player to excel under such condition?

Why not question Harden's performance as a 'SUPERSTAR' in the playoff? He has consistently disappeared in offence and a no show for defense. How is that acceptable?

Why not question the role and true performance of Bev? Yes he is sick right now, but as a starting PG, has he brought any spark on offense to help alleviate the deficiency of Harden all these games? Has he really shut down Lillard consistently if you say his strength is to shut down opponents' speedy starting PGs? So if Harden is proven quite unreliable on offense in playoff, and Bev still allowing 20+ or 30+ points for opponent's PG, then you cannot say that Bev is there for defense is a great strategy. He can't shut down his opponent guard and he cannot help Harden's leaky D. So why Bev should start with Harden especially in playoff when Harden often disappears. We need every one to be a scoring threat when Harden is down so often, and we need playmaking bad from the starting PG. We need our PG to breakdown the opponent's D so our guys can have some hard-earned open shots. It is that simple. It is about time to re-visit this experiment of having Harden & Bev starting together as the correct strategy. This is much more meaningful to the team's future.

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Worst fan base in all of sports. It's not even close

4. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

2013/2014

Crawford
    Regular season - 30.6 mpg
    Playoffs - 23.2 mpg

Manu
    Regular season - 22.8 mpg
    Playoffs - 29.0 mpg

Lin
    Regular season - 28.9 mpg
    Playoffs - 28.8

As far your confidence concern I think it's two parts.
    1 - this is just your view point, for all we know in practice everyday McHale could be trying to show how confident he is in him
    2 - consistent play breeds confidence

I think the different role thing has SOME merit, but not nearly as some want to give it. He is a basketball player, he knows how to play basketball. A lot of players, not just Lin have to deal with roles changing from time to time.

And as my previous post in this thread show, there's been no shortage of Harden scrutiny.

7. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

This is really a pointless thread. Lin hasn't done a great job of being an offensive spark for most of the SEASON. That's why so many people, ON BOTH SIDES, b*tch and whine around here!

He has performed in the playoffs what he has shown during the season. Pretty average, with some bonehead plays at inopportune times, with occasional ability to elevate his game.

If Lin were black (or white), there wouldn't even be any discussion here. He also would probably be starting (see Wes Matthews).

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

9. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. Allegro

Allegro Member

I certainly understand the difference. I also understand how badly a team can hurt itself by mistreating a player.

Wasn't Lin one of the key players last season? When he was running the offense, we were crushing the best teams and easily scoring 120 points a game. At that time, many observers were calling us the 3rd best team in the NBA. Then Harden started hogging the ball, and we promptly lost six games in a row. We ended up barely squeaking into the playoffs. We committed an own goal by marginalizing Lin, and we'll commit another one by getting rid of him.

Lin's true shooting percentage is .572 this season, which is top 10 for point guards. (Kyrie Irving: .533; John Wall: .524. Even Jamal Crawford, probably the closest to Lin this season in terms of role, is only .556.) When Lin is gone, our chances of replacing his production, are very low. Conclusion: we will likely lose more games next year than we did this year.

And your reply completely ignored what I said about Lin's vital contributions this series.

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Clean up your crazies, Lin fans.

13. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

I'm just speaking the truth. People generally aren't aware of their own biases. I mean, Donald Sterling says he's not racist, so I guess that means he isn't, right?

14. Ty_Webb

Ty_Webb Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

Lol, actually I could pictre this thread in my head, this is so funny and embarrassing at the same time

16. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

I just want to point out the bias in your reply:

1) If Lin were black (or white), there wouldn't even be any discussion here. (alleged crazy Lin fan statement).

2) If Lin weren't Asian, no one would be talking about him (alleged Rockets Fan, and Floyd Mayweather statement)

Draw your own conclusions though, this was only based off an eye-test.

17. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

18. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Some Reddit NBA comments about this:

I've noticed lately LOTS of outsiders have such a negative view of this forum now.

I have been reading negative comments about this website constantly from outsiders for like 2-3 months now.

19. whozee

whozee Member

I really want to play Lemmings now.

20. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

But given that LOH or LOFH have been dominant on this board lately and can say anything disrespectful or biased on Lin unchecked, and most of the crazy ignorant LOFs have left, why need such a round up and booting unless he is biased against anything Lin? LOL.