1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BEER] Best Place to get Keg Filled

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sadat X, Dec 30, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Any suggestions for places here in Houston area to get a keg filled? I know Specs downtown but was curious if I am missing out on any better places that might be less of a hassle or cheaper. I will need the keg shell and the beer of course. I already have a tap & trashcan.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

So you just need a keg, not a keg filled right?

Unless you are 18, get a CO2 tap. Trashcan is fine.

3. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I am needing to get a full keg. All I currently have is the tap. I am about to pull the trigger on getting one at Specs but thought I might check on here to see if there are any other good places.

4. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

Most liquor stores have kegs.

5. Bandwagoner

The first question will be what kind of beer. Some Krogers have kegs. Depends on what you want.

seriously, get a CO2 tap.

6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

if its for one night, a trash can is all you will need. Everything else can be had by the liquor store.

Where you buy it usually doesn't matter. There is not much markup on kegs.

If you want the run of the mill brewed piss, most stores will have it. Your best bet is to hit something like specs. If you're looking for something with a little flavor, you might want to get a couple days notice so they can order it for you.

1 person likes this.
  7. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Yea, i'm really just looking for something cheap- Bud Light. I want to keep our coolers and fridge as open as possible for any good beer/bottles that we have or that people will bring. Nothing makes me more mad than showing up to someones house and the fridge is completely boxed in by Bud Light, Budweiser and Miller Light boxes with no room to put the Karbach or something nice.

8. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I don't get the whole craft beer movement and the snobs involved with it. I get that bud light and other sucks but ain't nothing wrong with some good ol Budweiser. I'm one of the few millennials that likes that stuff.

9. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Same here, all my friends hate budweiser tho

10. Bandwagoner

No beer actually tastes good. If it wasn't for alcohol, no one would drink it.
    ∴ I fully support your opinion.

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Up until last night, I would have agreed with you. I had a Bud in a can for the first time in probably 3 years and I dont remember it tasting that bad. It reminded me of Coors.

I am always mixing up my beers depending on my mood. Rarely do I buy the same thing twice in a row. And there are indeed some beers that would taste great even if it had no alcohol.

12. body slam

body slam Member

Wal Mart use to handle kegs and I'm pretty sure they still do.

13. body slam

body slam Member

Can you still get a party ball?

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I wouldn't mind a few Budweisers but the lite version sucks. Get the keg at a grocery store, Specs is going to be ****ed today.

15. Pete the Cheat

old reliable...

http://www.bbliquor.com/

they will have a better keg selection than any of the run of the mill specs. (exception being the big location downtown)

1 person likes this.
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ssshhhhhh, 1st rule of BB...

17. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Usually our fridge consists of only Bud Light or Budweiser (our roommate keeps it stocked), but on New Years Eve I know people will bring nicer stuff/bottles and I just think a keg of something cheap is perfect to keep room in the fridge for other stuff.

18. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

That's where I am going. Ended up getting 1 Bud Light and 1 Zeigen Bock. Will be asking about Co2 taps when I get there.

19. Pete the Cheat

Zeigen is under rated...great bang for your buck. got my kegerator stocked with some St Arn's Amber Christmas Eve

20. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Yea man it really is. Good stuff on the kegerator. Always wanted one, just want to wait until I am in a place I own.