1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bedroom Air Circulator Type Thing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Buck Turgidson, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Buck Turgidson

Don't want to put in a ceiling fan, but need something to move the air around at night. Some kind of dust/particulate filtering feature would be cool too, if it's a dehumidifier I want the ability to turn that feature off (really don't care if it does that or not, I ain't living in the swamplands). I don't really want a $50 job, but I don't really want to spend $500 either, unless it's really worth it. Noise level is important too.

I've looked at them online, so now I'm turning to the oracle of information that is clutchfans.

Jontro and jiggyfly like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this thing is absolutely silent

Coway purifier.jpg

Jontro likes this.
  3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lasko-C...823/202563946?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US

Probably can find a better fan, but this simple, cheap fan has worked fine for me to sit outside under our patio umbrella and sip coffee in the morning before the sun turns the outdoors to hell. I like the white noise of a fan, but would go elsewhere if looking for silence (or quality).

I've been thinking of adding a bedroom dehumidifier to help the AC out just a little bit, but I live in a paved over swamp.

Buck Turgidson and Nook like this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'll come waive some Chinese fans around for 20 bucks

Quiet with no eye contact I promise.

Salvy, TheJuice, Pole and 6 others like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Your thing have a name?

I prefer Egyptian, sorry.

Hah, I have 4 of those in various locales, they're awesome. I'm looking for a more quiet bedroom thing though.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Coway

Salvy and Buck Turgidson like this.
  7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Sorry, I'm looking for heavy breathing. White noise helps me sleep better.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I have numerous settings.

9. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I bought a cheap air purifier from amazon. I feel like I get better sleep and better sinuses.

12. Buck Turgidson

Name Names

13. Buck Turgidson

For an extra $10 @ThatBoyNick'll grunt like Sling Blade every half hour. Or at least that's what his instagram promised.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

I'll ask my brother after work if he has pics of the camp ac he built...along those lines but cooler

15. Xerobull

[​IMG]

jiggyfly and Sajan like this.
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Can't tell if you're looking for a fan, air purifier, etc. If you're looking for a fan to cool down, an air purifier isn't gonna help much. I'd get some kind of standing fan on Amazon or something.

If you're looking for an air purifier, I have each of these and I guess they purify. Some of the pricier ones are no better, and some of the cheaper ones may be better. It's a bit of a crapshoot. I got the Winix for around $184 back in 2016 and the Coway for $116 Back in 2019. They both go on sale throughout the year. I think they have newer models from both manufacturers now. They're not really going to cool you down, if that's what you're looking for, though. On maximum speed, they both can be kind of loud. On "normal"/"regular" speeds, they're pretty quiet -- especially the Coway. As with anything with a filter, you'll have recurring costs for that.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I had this thing in my office for a while, now it's somewhere in my garage. This thread reminds me to put it in a room.

[​IMG]

18. lpbman

lpbman Member

I don't know if this was meant to be a joke, but with high merv filters on something like that, you can absolutely demolish $1000 dollar fancy dyson type filters in performance. If you live somewhere with wildfires, I'd argue you're foolish to not have something like that with a stash of replacement filters.

Pretty poor wife approval factor but they work so well I'd be tempted to put something like that in anyone's shtf supplies. (ha)

https://ehrs.upenn.edu/sites/defaul...1-0625 EHRS Portable Air Cleaner Guidance.pdf

uni chart on some different models

#19 lpbman, Jun 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    Xerobull likes this.
  19. Xerobull

Sort of a joke, but not. I would build one.

You can also use those old Rainbow water filtration vacuum filters to filter air. It’s pretty amazing how much crap they suck out of the air and deposit in the water.