1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beasley: Durant bait?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kennysmith, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Ranny

Ranny Member

As i said. Having Beasley around might not help get Durant but it wont hurt either. Beasley is not going to scare him off, other things should, but not his childhood friend.

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I think people are going to be so let down by this KD stuff I really can't see him leaving OKC right now. Maybe after next year when he finds out what Russ does but not this year. I bet he signs a 1 year deal like LBJ did

3. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Hmmm, I think it all comes down to what team can offer him a chance to team up with to max players... Looks like Houston has a god chance to sign Durant this off season.

4. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Because a team close to competing and a team virtually in the lottery can change Flip in a moment, especially of that star player leaves that close to competing team for that lottery team. Swag

5. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Good point...

6. Lunareste

Lunareste Member

Personally I think our policy should be to immediately sign as many KDBF's (Kevin Durant Best Friends) as possible.

Harden? Check.
    Beasley? Check.

Kevin Durant's first grade girlfriend? Captain of the cheerleaders squad now.

Juan Luis Alejandro Garcia, Kevin Durant 's gardener? 10 day contract.

KD's relatives? Two years, two million, grandma. Your job is to bake cookies, warm the bench, and wear a "KD's #1 Fan" finger sign.

It's time to put this free agent pursuit into high gear, Morey!

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

The keyholder to a championship formula

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

9. kennysmith

kennysmith Member

Yes to all of the above. Nobody's claiming Beasley = hook, line & sinker for Durant. Just bait. And we need as much of it as we can get.

Having friends on the team helps in the same way that having enemies on the team hurts (e.g. hell will freeze over before Matt Barnes voluntarily plays for a team coached by Derek Fisher).

Haha thanks for pointing that out!! I figured this had been brought up previously but it was buried deep! Great vid too.

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

that highly depends on the coaches and the players surrounded durant and harden. i dont think rockets can get a 2nd star player w/o giving up or losing too much.

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

u guys are unbelievable. durant isnt like melo. he's not gonna waste his last prime years ona crappy team.

12. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm blown away at how people think this team would remain a .500 team with Durant and some other tweaks. We've NEVER (present era) had a second scorer like KD, well first, really. NEVER. not even close.

If KD comes here, that knocks off OKC as a contender. SA takes a huge hit with TD and Manu retiring. That means we're again right behind GS as the #2 spot, definitely in the west, maybe in all the NBA. This won't be a fluke #2 either.

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

as i said, i dont bleieve we can get durant w/o losing or giving up too much. it'll be harden, durant, a good role player or two, and a buncha borderline average role players and scrubs.

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

btw if rockets dont fk up this offseosn they wont be a bad team but not a contender either. 4-6th seed

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Beverley/Goudelock
    Harden/ ?
    Durant/Dekker
    ? /Harrell
    Dwight/Capela

That's at a minimum, IMO. Im not a cap expert, so i'm not sure how much is left after what KD and Dwight would be projected to make..but things change when you have two legit superstars:

1. Vets take paycuts
    2. they can make borderline average players and scrubs better

17. #Pursuit

#Pursuit Member

I saw at it as Durant bait the moment they signed him. Whether it'll actually work or not is a different question, but Morey definitely signed him to get Durant.

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

You can keep one of Dmo/Jones and Ariza/Brewer as well. A lot depends on not paying Howard his max. If he's going to demand that $30m or whatever that crazy figure is you are better off going after Conley, Horford, Batum, etc.

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

bev cant be a starting pg for a contender
    if dwight takes a paycut it wont be that much
    dekker and harrel aren't proven backups like capella is so have to gamble with them

who are we trading? ariza, dmo, jones, brewer, kj? they want capella. maybe jones for expiring.

20. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

assuming they do an s&t they'd want as many good pieces they can get

any three of ariza, brewer, capella, and bev for talent. maybe all4 since they're not that good aside from ariza
    jones and/or dmo for expirings
    any combo of kj, dekker, and harrel for potential
    and there's picks and cash

thats what i'd imagine we'd give up. they'd send a decent player with durant and a buchn of filler. this is if they dotn want dwight