1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Be Patient with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mgraye2969, Nov 7, 2012.

1. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

-We are the youngest team in the NBA and still have to develop a TEAM. When I say TEAM, I mean we need some chemistry.

-The two teams that are actually bad match ups for our Houston Rockets are the Denver Nuggets who we played tonight and the Miami Heat for obvious reasons.

-Our young team is going to have trouble with athletic teams with a lock down defender ala Andre Igudola and Lebron James who can hold Harden in check.

-Give the team some time to become a real TEAM and then we can make our judgments. Whether its the coaches faults or we just don't have the pieces to win games, lets just BE PATIENT and be optimistic about our youthful Rockets.

-GO ROCKETS.

2 people like this.
  2. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yeah I totally agree. Honestly, we should have been blown out but we didn't lose by much. Also we were not getting calls Harden was getting hacked going down the lane. Iggy pushes Lin blatantly no call. A lot of Hardens TO's were because he was trying to get Omer involved offensively as well so I don't really worry about him in that regard. Like I said this team needs a PNR big man desperately.

3. conquistador#11

when you're throwing douglas at me, you can't ask me to be patient. patience is not a virtue. I'd rather see Aldridge run the point for 15 minutes. tony is 26 years old. he is who we thought he was, a really bad shooter. Hard to believe he shot .400 at one point.

Play machado then you can ask me to have patience.

***last year it took those 10 games at the beginning of the season for mctalky to set his rotation. Budinger went from starting to a back up role. there is still hope.

1 person likes this.
  4. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Denver is a bad matchup for this squad too. Their strength is the depth they have and depth is our biggest weakness. I thought McHale kept Harden and Lin on the bench too long, but sooner or later some of these other guys we have need to step up.

5. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

What do you expect? A 82 win season? With Kmart we are looking at a 32 win season, with Harden, maybe 36 wins. We are what we are. A below average team that need 1 or 2 rookies to play all star potential ball to even think of a 42 winning season.

6. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

Understood, but I can see that Douglas holds his own on defense for the most part. I think the bigger issue is the team not playing together. Everyone just looks around when Harden has the ball, posted up at the 3-point line. People need to cut and make plays.

With time, I am sure Morey will grab a better back-up PG but for now the team just needs to get used to each other. It is amazing how much a little bit of team chemistry can lead to many wins.

7. kinein

kinein Member

repped

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I thought the expectations for this season was finally to tank

I'm okay with any result

9. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Absolutely agree with this. We played horrible today and were still in it right up until the end. More time on the court and chemistry and we will be fine. Still so young and so much time to improve. No need to freak out yet.

repped +

10. AbrahamLincoln

When Parsons,Lin, Morris can't hit the 3 ball in games we are probably going to lose those games. All the nuggets did was close down the lane and put iggy on Harden. Nobody was getting past Faried,Koufos or Mcgee because we have no low post presence on offense and could not make them be honest on the perimeter.
    If we have no low post, we need perimeter shooting. If we have neither we are in serious doo doo

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

YES this is what I have been saying. People saying Lin needs to drive more don't see this. The lane is totally clogged so where is he going to drive to? You see Harden attacking but he gets hacked & no calls. Meh wtv. I ain't even mad. When you have a young team you take the lumps.

12. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

I like this thread. Much better observations..

13. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

"-The two teams that are actually bad match ups for our Houston Rockets are the Denver Nuggets who we played tonight and the Miami Heat for obvious reasons. "

Okay, Bill Simmons. He said the exact same thing on ESPN. ;)

14. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

still fire mcfail

15. liunatic

liunatic Member

The interesting thing is Marcus Morris and Cole Aldrich were very active moving without the ball. The offense actually looked functional when they were in...Although they didn't play that well stat-wise, our offense was chugging along and we cut down the deficit to single digits both times they were in.

Side comment - Not sure if because Jeremy was in with them...

16. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Look at the bright side... the Lakers are 1-4 :)

17. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I feel this team has potential but it's being hinder my McFail substitution. There is no reason not to experience the like of White and Jones and Motijo....r****d!!

18. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

I'm patiently waiting for the next game... is it Friday yet??

19. DreHNIC

DreHNIC Member

I totally agree