1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. matthappy

matthappy Member

I firmly believe system is more important than individuals.u guys all say what excellent t-mac was during 04-05,how amazing yao was during 08-09.but their personal performance could win us a championship?no way!!

basketball is a team work,everyone on the court should be involved.so IMO system is more important,it needs to stimulate all the players' enthusasim,and help them to develop the potential.

IF one guy always stress on the playing type of one on one ,the other role players would be more negative on the court.coach RA is a genius,why so many 2nd round picks have such wonderful performance,the key is teamwork.everyone get know his personal value in this team,so they could help each other more than just adore their supertars.

2. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

.....The only thing I will tell you is....You are being too optimistic and way too optimistic if you ask me.

Yes, I thought a dynasty would be created. But obviously I was wrong, we were all wrong. Right now, If I had to review what has happened with Tracy being here, I really wish we never got him. He has brought nothing for us other than regular season success. Tracy McGrady has frustrated me more than the no other player ever has. He's a wimpy player that avoids contact as much as possible, he doesn't play defense because he's too lazy, he doesn't rebound because it involves contact, he doesn't slash because he's too slow and scared too.

I realized what separated Kobe from Tracy. Kobe had the intangibles and desire, and Tracy didn't.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Whenever I read a post by T-mac&Yao=RING, I always get this image in my head that I'm reading from pink-colored greetings card.

4. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

lol it wouldn't be fair dude, we'd murder people

5. Hball

Hball Member

Wish we could have got morey here sooner, cd and van gundy kept bringing in washed up new york knick players :rolleyes:

6. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

Oh, great. Now some douche will post every post with marquee tags.

7. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Yao and TMac never click, it's a bad idea from beginning. We see how Kobe and Gasol make each other better. Higher fg% etc. That doesn't happen for TMac.

People keep on saying how TMac was a beast in 02-03. Well, he actually needs a player like Z to give him space inside, not gonna happen with YM. I wonder all these years, TMac has the best center in the league, and shoot less, wasn't TMac supposed to be more efficient?

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You didn't need to make a new topic about this, your moniker already explains it all.

9. ashiin

ashiin Member

Our lineup last year was supposed to be killer. Stupid injuries...

10. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

i can't stop thinking about it either...and just think how great it'd be if it actually happened....we'll
    see next year...i don't think the possibility is big, i don't even know if there's a possibility, but i have hope..

11. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

Reality was, Up until the beginning of the 06-07 season, we would run our offense through Tmac over Yao, which was really dumb looking back upon it. And then when Yao had that serious injury, we went back to Tmac as our first option. And then last season, we finally when through Yao for our offense and we got past the first round.

Reality is, Yao should have always been the first option player on the team, I didn't think so at first, but now that I look back upon it, I realize that Yao was the more efficient scorer, the more reliable player and wasn't a volume scorer like Tmac was. The Tmac days are over.

12. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Exactly, on paper with the team and the talent they had last year, the Rockets should have won 60 plus games and WCF at a minimum. BUT they dont play the games on paper. A healthy McGrady, Yao, and Artest would have been killer.

13. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

There is no such thing as a time machine my friend. Did you not get that memo?

BTW, best team ever...really? You don't think MJs 70 win team would have anything to say about that?

14. Francis 4 ever

Throw in 00 Mutumbo, 04 ron artest, we could be the best team ever.

15. albuster

albuster Member

I certainly agree with this post. I also agree with what Magic said about the Yao/McGrady combo. One is the ultimate team player, while the other one is the ultimate "Me" player. As the saying goes, oil and water don't mix.

16. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

u could do this exact thing for most teams in the nba.

17. matthappy

matthappy Member

Reality is, Yao should have always been the first option player on the team, I didn't think so at first, but now that I look back upon it, I realize that Yao was the more efficient scorer, the more reliable player and wasn't a volume scorer like Tmac was. The Tmac days are over.[/QUOTE]

yes,compared with T-mac yao was more efficient in scoring,his hitting percentage is far better,because as a dominat C he was more close to the basket.But i don't think T-mac has the same points with me.when t-mac on the court he stressed more on his own talent,which hurt the entire team.

AS a old say goes,his stay here is done.

18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

<marquee>That's pretty cool. :eek: </marquee>

19. carles n charge

before he got injured tao ,ing was a beast. i mean shaq could only shut him down.

20. verti89

verti89 Member

Nah they would have lost to the Lakers in the WCF when the lakers started their 84-85 team starting and their 2000-2001 team coming off the bench. Then that team would have lost to the Bulls in the finals facing a team of all michael Jordans...