1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Be honest, do you miss Trevor Ariza & Luc Mbah a Moute?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 疯狂伊文戴德蒙, Nov 27, 2018.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Luc Richard Mbah Moute needed emergency surgery, for a dislocated shoulder.

Luc is scared of surgery, it's like he believes he can heal himself, with African Herbal, just speculation.

roslolian likes this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Awkward comment about African Herbal healing aside, Luc had surgery on his knee last season so I don't think he's scared of surgery.

He's just like the majority of Americans (present company included) who probably decided to let the shoulder heal on its own rather than to have surgery to make it stronger. Unfortunately, his profession requires usage of both shoulders so whoever is advising him on this matter is an idiot.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Not really T Ariza and Luc were strictly regular season players, they played great in the regular season but trash in the playoffs their final year here. If we had a coach who can recognize the difference between regular season and playoffs then ok I would miss them but we have Dumbtoni, he is gonna do the same sets with the same personnel as the regular season 100% and then get shocked when his opponent counters him and reads the play. Also T Ariza is an ancient 33 yrs old, he shot 28% his last playoff appearance so he probably can't cut it anymore while Luc obv is never the same after his shoulder injury. Morey let them go at the right time, before they fell off a cliff.

Baqui99 and ak99999 like this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Les Alexander wouldn’t pay Ariza that outrageous salary he got from the Suns

6. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Ariza was not worth $15M per year

At a much lower salary, sure

7. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

Well he keeps getting paid that kind of $, so he is worth it to some. Just not to this team with the current salary commitments.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Well from what Rivers has said on his podcast Luc is(thank you to @don grahamleone ) is apparently hard to get a hold of, so I’m hoping it has more to do with that then it does with his injury concerns.

D-rock and amaru like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

Ariza was not trash in the play offs and Luc was injured the hell, this is totally wrong. This take is totally off base.

jcf and D-rock like this.
  10. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

I don't miss them specifically but I miss what their skill sets added to the team. It's a shame we haven't been able to pick up a decent wing defender since they left but them luxury tax savings sure helped us shore up that 4 seed last year when the 1 or 2 seed was there for the taking.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ariza shot 28% from 3 his last year here and Luc shot 0% his last year here. Sorry but facts show I'm right you're wrong.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I want to know if @Andy misses them.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Uh, Luc played here one year and injured himself in the last game of the season.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Exactly. Dude was injured hence he was trash, making him strictly a regular season player for us. And IIRC he was injured almost all of last year too played like 4 games for the Clippers before he shut it down. I never said it was his fault, but the facts are he shot 0% and played bad defense in the playoffs no matter what the reason was.

If you wanna live in make believe land where Luc was 100% healthy and did amazing in the playoffs ok but that's not what happened.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Where we really need Luc is in our scouting department:

upload_2019-7-26_21-12-56.png

D-rock and 疯狂伊文戴德蒙 like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

And also played amazing defense and hit big shots. Or did you forget who guarded KD in the GS series and who hit that shot in Game 4 and thats just one example. A person's 3 point percentage doesnt make up who they are as a player, appreciate what you had a little more. Those arent the facts. Thats just a really shallow analysis.

And Luc was injured so calling him a regular season player dosent make any sense.

I mean i guess, but thats a weird way to phrase it. Like you dont miss a guy who contributed to 65 wins and was one of our best players. And had he not been injured we beat the Warriors in 5-6 with or without Iggy.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Fishman5222

Fishman5222 Member

He is a 6 foot nine guy who couldn't make layups since his shoulder was messed so bad. He also couldn't play all of last year. Move on. Ariza got a big contract was traded in a salary dump to a bad Wizard team was dumped again, and then the Kings gave him a silly contract that they will regret. Also move on. It would be great to have the type of player these guys used to be, but they used to be.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol, i have moved on. If you read the convo he called them regular season players who were trash in the POs. And that wasnt true. So Im disputing that. Im talking about this in the past tense.

19. jayfree

jayfree Member

If by Ariza you mean Hakeem and by Luc you mean Drexler then YES!

topfive likes this.
  20. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

To be honest, Luc always gives me a feeling of runaway when he rushes to the basket with the ball. He doesn't seem to mind being hurt at all.

It turned out that it was his two dunks that caused his shoulder to dislocate and injure...