1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BDL] Kevin Durant Interview

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by durvasa, Aug 13, 2010.

1. durvasa

durvasa Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...t=Aujd1K52lWL24dxyi9fnB9m8vLYF?urn=nba-262033

Click link for full interview.

[rquoter]
    Kevin Durant(notes) is smooth, no duh. That's why they call him "Velvet Hoop," I'm guessing. In a one-on-one interview Thursday morning, Durant didn't fail to live up to that nickname. I got a chance to talk to the Oklahoma City Thunder star at Radio City Musical Hall, and he talked about being the face of Team USA, how he'll fit in on the team and playing on the streets.

Trey Kerby: I know you're going to deny it, but ...

Kevin Durant: Then why are you going to ask? Why you have to ask me this, Trey? (laughing)

TK: (laughing, probably too much) You're the face of USA basketball, at least for now.

KD: Yeah, I think so.

TK: I mean, when they're doing the illustrations, you're the biggest one.

KD: Nah, you see [Rajon] Rondo and Russel Westbrook up there too.

TK: Yeah, yeah. But on the shirts you see Dwyane Wade(notes), Chris Paul(notes), LeBron, Kobe and you. And you're the only one playing. Is that something you're looking forward to? Is that something you embrace?

KD: I guess I have to. You know, I can't tell them to take all the billboards down or the pictures off the shirts. I really don't like it too much. You know, I don't want to stand out too much. I'd rather it be a group, but it is what it is. I've just got to let my teammates know in practice, without even telling them, that I don't think I'm ahead of anybody. We're a group. I think I'm doing a good job of that. They all know that, and that's all who really needs to know that. I'm here for them, and if they need me to take 10 shots or get 10 assists, it don't matter because I'm going to do whatever they need me to do. It's really not even about the pictures or whatever else there is.

[/rquoter]

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I love KD and I love the nickname "velvet hoop". Its so fitting.