1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BDL] Dwyer's take on PGs ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by echu888, Aug 17, 2010.

1. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

AB's basically Jason Terry in Jet's early Atlanta days (except possibly more of a defensive liability due to his size). His ranking is a bit low, but not egregiously so.

2. declan32001

declan32001 Member

I stopped reading this thread after 5 pages because DD is clearly off his meds, and tends to make any thread not worth reading. So I don't know if this has been said:

The one thing I had a problem with KD's comments about AB was the amount of 3's he jacked up last year. He did say he'll take less this year with Yao back, but that's the first lazy bit of writing I've ever see from KD because he knows Aaron had to jack them up.

Hell, half of Ariza's horrible shots I didn't mind because the offense often looked so discombobulated. Our scoring mostly came from hustle, long-range j's and the heart of Scola.

I'm very glad AB won MIP, but how can you believe in vast improvement when last season was all about next season?

In terms of ranking I'd put AB slightly higher. As for Kyle, well for a back-up pg, a #30 ranking doesn't suck. His contract speaks volumes.

I just don't have a problem with KD's article.

1 person likes this.
  3. albuster

albuster Member

They also had Kobe, Duncan, Dream and MJ. Brooks is just over rated here in Houston. Let us see if he has learned to make the entry pass to the post, run the fast break, and just plain old pass!!!

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Sorry, not my intention at all.

Exactly, it was his role.

I expect other areas of his game to improve, as he plays with better players. More than anything a PG needs better players around him to really shine, Brooks may not score as much, but I expect the offense to be run much more smoothly.

Me either, he is trying to generate clicks, that is what ranking articles do, because they are 100% subjective.

DD

5. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

I've taken the time to update my own signature with a more relevant comparison.

6. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Well statmaster, you need to go back to work, Chase was 21 when he put up those stats.

;)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lTxm__usZJg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lTxm__usZJg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

DD

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

So Mike Conely and Jrue Holdiar are better than Lowry..?

8. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

I am fairly sure that Chase turned 22 before the conclusion of the season, as his birthday was well before the playoffs concluded. So the relevant comparison is to the season during which Kobe also turned 22. Or are you of the opinion that a few months is all that is separating these two players?

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

STRIKE TWO !!!

Chase's birthday:

May 22, 1988

End of season:

April 14, 2010

Evidential link in my sig.

DD

10. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

The season doesn't end until the Finals trophy is handed out. It isn't Kobe's fault that Chase was sitting at home.

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Back on topic:

Aaron Brooks is the best option the Rockets have at the point, he is a guy that defenses have to account for, Lowry is awesome as a change of pace off the bench guy.

But I have said it many times, I don't think they keep both, one will eventually be traded.

DD

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Wow, thanks for posting this, DaDakota, the BBS has been lacking your ad nauseum reiteration of your opinion on this matter for a long time.

Minutes, maybe even hours.

Can you give us your thoughts on Adelman now? Budinger? Maybe some words on Von Wafer?

1 person likes this.
  13. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

You need to sign up for his twitter to get the latest updates. Or if you want to pay the $29.99 per year for a DaDakota Gold Account, you will get his personal newsletter delivered to you via email daily.

1 person likes this.
  14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Wow!!! DD and SF have 68K and 29K post respectively. I remember when 10K was a lot.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Of course this has nothing to do with the thread. More like back off topic.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I do have to many for sure.....

I just can't believe that folks can not recall Calvin Murphy, he is the Rockets all time assist leader and was a SG/PG for the Rockets years ago.

Sometimes, you don't need a traditional playmaker, this Rockets team needs AB's game, they don't have another playmaker on the floor that is also a threat to score.

AB is crucial to this team's offensive success.....

Needs to work on his D, but so does everyone after last season.

Kelly swung and missed on this one, big time.

DD

PS. YoYo, plenty of DDingleberry evidence on this very page. ;)

17. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

For an additional $1.99 you can upgrade to Platinum and have unlimited access to the JCDenton Player Performance Graphing Service, it's a steal really.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

How many rings did Calvin Murphy win?

19. Ashes

Ashes Member

There is no way Brooks is a top 10 PG in the NBA. Take off the homer glasses guys. :(

20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

When talking about individual players, citing number of rings is not all that valid an argument, I mean Jack Haley and Adam Morrison have rings, are they better than Calvin Murphy?

I believe that the best you can hope for as a GM is to put your team in the mix, and hopefully things gel for the team and they get over the top, it is nearly impossible to be Miami and have 3 superstars drop into your lap, so you do the best you can to upgrade your roster and go from there.

This team, if Yao is healthy and things go well, is a top 3 team in the conference, that is pretty good, and if things go well they could win a championship, as fans, what else can we expect?

If you don't get lucky and get a Dream, or Kobe, or someone like that in the draft, you just have to keep trying to get one through trade, and those are uber hard to come by....

We got Tmac, and took that shot, but it didn't work out, still we tried.....

This team is close......if things break their way, healthwise......and that is the best they can do at this point.

DD