1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BDL] Dwyer's take on PGs ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by echu888, Aug 17, 2010.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Harris,kidd,nor 1 yr curry playing in nelson offense is better than brooks right now. Neither of those guys put th same pressure on defenses like brooks. Devin harris can't stay on the court and kidd can't stay in front of people. Now when davis is healthy and miller, you can put those 2 higher into the 2nd group with brooks.

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Yep, he needs to feed shane and chuck morey to rack up those assist. :eek:

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He fed them a lot, I was watching the Celtics game yesterday, where the Rockets came back and beat them in OT....

And Chuck Hayes (as good as he is on D) got 2 or 3 SWEET passes from AB and blew the layup.....

The Rockets make their choice every single night when they put out the starting lineup....

Lowry and Brooks both went into camp last year on equal footing, Brooks won the job, and played great.

If Lowry kills it this year and Brooks struggles....he might win the job.....there are no guarantees in this league.

But, if Brooks is out there as the starting PG again this year, you can bet, there will be people whining about it....

Backup QB syndrome.....

DD

4. delishman

delishman Member

Guys I just need to know whose right here... soooo if one of yall wanna step up and admit defeat thatddd be greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat.

5. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harris did play a big factor in the playoffs during 2006. He started 15 out of 23 games homie. He was one of Avery's guys. I did make a mistake about saying he lead but obviously Dirk is the leader of that team.

Secondly, when healthy, Harris is a beast. His 08-09 campaign speaks for his self. Harris has two knocks against him... He can't shoot nor can he stay healthy. There's a reason why most fantasy guys were so high on him last year but he couldn't stay healthy. Not only that, many NBA guys like John Hollinger were high on him as well.

Oh I know Lopez didn't suck. I was simply stating I guess Brook sucked because he played on NJ. I know his stats because I had him on my fantasy league.

Trust me... I do check on stats as well. I'm not saying I know everything but you kinda have to follow players stats when you play fantasy league homie...

6. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Got to wait for opening night, the winner in this debate will have their horse in the starting lineup (barring injury, of course).

DD

7. choujie

choujie Member

I had the winning horse Rafer in the starting lineup on opening night, only to see him got traded in mid-season.

8. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

AB has seemed to grow as an NBA PG each year in the league. If that trend continues he could average 20 and 7.5 this year. IMO that's a top 10 PG.

9. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

This is easy. KD has a crush on Ty Lawson. So he found the pictures he likes of Ty and used whichever player was on offense.

10. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

I really think that ABs assist #'s will increase with Yao back. More so throughout the year as Yao gets his feet back under him.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

In 5 years, if the trend continues, he'll be averaging 40 points and 15 assists. I would argue that is a top 10 PG.

12. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Spot on here. What DD and everyone else here conveniently choose to overlook is what you just pointed out - that AB is a 5-8 SHOOTING guard whom the Rox have playing the one. Nothing KD wrote struck me as the type of drivel you usually see from Solomon or Justice.

13. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

Hmm I bumped his points .4 ppg, and increased his assists because he's going to actually have some low post productivity this season. I don't think it's that much of a stretch.

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Sorry, he is 6'0" in shoes, at least get your facts straight.

[​IMG]

How did Calvin Murphy do as a hybrid PG/SG anyway?

The defense rests your honor (But not for long)

DD

15. SunsRocketsfan

Thanks thats all I needed for you to admit. .
    So exactly how is he better than Brooks?

He can't stay healthy and he cant shoot. I suppose you want to go for the most injury prone team ever with Yao, Martin and Harris..

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lTxm__usZJg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lTxm__usZJg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Brooks is THE MAN baby !

DD

17. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Ty Lawson is defending every person in the pictures.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

jameer nelson 12? :eek:

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That was such a great play. The pass was unreal, not to mention what AB did with it. That may be as high as I've seen him sky.

20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Might want to look at the post of mine a little further down than that one.

You stop right there Mister, the author watches more basketball than anyone else in the history of the WORLD !!

:grin:

DD