1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BDL] Dwyer's take on PGs ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by echu888, Aug 17, 2010.

1. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

the other 5, doesn't show up in the forums much :)

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Probably a topic for a PM or email.

I know, I have seen your tweets....

I was picking someone that would make my point as obvious as possible, you are the one that read it as me comparing it to Solomon.....I was trying to say, just because you are a paid writer does not mean you know basketball.

For the record, I DO LIKE KELLY's work, I just happen to disagree with him here, and I don't think he is any more knowledgeable than some fans on here.

You are probably right there, it is the ebb and flow of things. I will most happily concede this point.

What is with the name calling, huh? Hmmm.....let's see....there are several posters on this board who come into a thread (which I might not even be in) and take a shot at me.

So, I figured, they should get their own little name, and DDingleberries fits....

Maybe what I should do, is change my sig, and give out points for each DDingleberry post.....the rules would be that you must come into a thread, and not post about the topic, but rather make a comment about DaDakota instead.

That is what the essence of DDingleberriness is, if you talk Rox, the chances are you are not one.

Just look through this thread, and you will see......I will put a tally up at some point to show what I am talking about.

People that talk about me, or the poster, instead of the topic.....I have a lot of hanger ons....thus the DDingleberry terminology.

DD

#122 DaDakota, Aug 17, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

While I was surprised at the hefty price, I am very glad Morey didn't hesitate. :D

4. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That and Les loves Lowry. He wouldn't of paid for him other wise. Even if they didn't want to let an asset go.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

and the number one rep hand jobber on the BBS is complaining about rep again. surprise!

1 person likes this.
  6. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's why I don't care for the rep system. There a few guys on this board that live and die by the rep system. I'm not going to throw names out because I'm sure everyone knows who I'm talking about. It's cool to have it but people focus on rep points too much.

7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Remember- Playmaking is the characteristic of great Point Guards.
    Great Point Guards make their team mates better.
    Great Point Guards pass first, shoot second. :p

8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

The Boston Celtics won championships without a PG, they started Ainge and Dennis Johnson.

People on here get too caught up in labels, it is a game of basketball, and the point is to win, and you put the best pieces together that give you the best chance of winning, REGARDLESS of whether there is an "Old school" role or title in which they fall under.

You put your best players on the floor, and put them in a position to be successful.....

DD

9. blunto

blunto Member

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can't pass on this opportunity to give you a hard time about this sig, man. It's kinda silly, really. Surely you can come up with something meaningful, or at least harder hitting than that, right?

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I too know that it is silly, it is making an insane point to folks that insanely think a rookie is all he is ever going to be.......

You have to get in the mud to wrestle with the pigs.

DD

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This is not necessarily true. You put on the floor the players that put the TEAM in the best position to win. It just turns out usually that most of the time that player is also the best. I believe that we would have performed much better if Lowry started and AB came off the bench to tear up 2nd stringers. The only problem with that would have been AB's absolutely terrible D further worsening the horrible D of our 2nd team.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't agree with #21. there was a thread in the nba dish about a month ago ranking the rockets players and it looked reasonable to say ~ #14 maybe for brooks.

in any case, i've never been much of a fan of kelly's articles or posts here.

13. choujie

choujie Member

LOL. That's the truth.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And Larry Bird averaged almost 7 dimes a game, Johnson just under 6, and Ainge averaged 5.1 assists in 1986. Put Bird on the Rockets and I'll agree that AB doesn't need to be much of a creator. He'll just need to average what Ainge managed, with Lowry taking up the slack.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

A.B. may not be a top ten PG, but he is better than 21.

1 person likes this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This I agree with!

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

20th best?

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

While we may not have Bird, the team oriented approach is the one this team is playing and it suites their personel the best.

And yes, if Kelly had Brooks in the top 5, I would be taking a much different approach...although in all honesty, I still would not put much gravity in the author....

And no matter where you rate Brooks against the league, at least most of us can agree....

He is the best option to start at PG for the Rockets.

DD

19. SunsRocketsfan

LOL are you serious?
    He led the Mavs??? Umm I think some guy named Dirk led the Mavs to the finals not Devin Harris. He was a guy coming off the bench and put up 10 PPG with 3.5 assists. I hardly call that leading the Mavs to the final. Since when did a bench player lead a team to the finals? And again that was 4 years ago!!!! Which is why I said I wouldn't take him now. Brooks is the better player now. Harris had 4 years to prove he can win and he hasnt done it once. His shooting numbers have been modest at best with a career avg of 30% from 3pt land.

True he was coming off a injury but he still played 60+ games last season and put up modest numbers on a horrible team.

35MPG 40% FG, 27% 3PT 16PPG and 6 assists

I'll take Brooks numbers on a winning team last season over that any day and I'm not even a Brooks fan. I think we should trade him while his stock is high now but not for Harris.

Oh by the way Lopez did not suck last season. He was about the only bright spot in the Net's last season. He put up 19pts 9 rebs on 50% FG and played all 82 GAMES.

So next time before you respond look up some facts first. Seems like you were the one that wasn't paying attention last season?

20. SunsRocketsfan

oh yea when Healthy tmac is also a beast with his speed and size and court vision and atheletic ability.. Harris is just as injury prone if not more than Tmac. He avgs like 60 games a season .. Here you go

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/devin_harris/career_stats.html