1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BDL] Dwyer's take on PGs ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by echu888, Aug 17, 2010.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

When you take away Brooks the Rockets have no one else that is a threat to create for himself and others.

He is our best player.

DD

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Defense
    Court Vision
    Size

These things hurt Aaron Brooks when it comes to ranking him.

That said, Aaron Brooks is a kill or be killed kind of player, and he is capable of dominating EVERY PG in the league on ANY given night. He is the quickest PG, and one of the best 3-point shooting PG's in the ENTIRE league...

Can

*Jose Calderon
    *Jameer Nelson
    *Lou Williams
    *Mo Williams
    *Brandon Jennings
    *Andre Miller
    *Stephen Curry

Dominate a game as consistently as Aaron Brooks can? That said, I think Aaron Brooks is somewhere in this class because of his obvious weaknesses, but I would be FREAKING frightened as hell to have to play Aaron Brooks in a playoff game, he is UNGUARDABLE...

If he can up his assists a bit and maintain a 20 PPG this season, and we win 55 plus, he is an all-star PG, and should be recognized as such...

3. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Very true,

That just shows how ****ty we are, unfortunately...

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He's 4 years younger, and based on past comparables he's far, far more likely to ascend to "superstar" status than Brooks.

5. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY RANKED EFFING JOSE CALDERON OVER AARON BROOKS!!!

What the ****!!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/77NVTXiKv94?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/77NVTXiKv94?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think that is why they got Lee, he has a little better dribble penetration than anyone outside of Brooks and Lowry.

DD

7. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

Kelly Dwyer needs a drug test. I think he's on that crack rock.

8. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Most NBA writer's are careful politically or Politically correct ..
    Meaning they dont mind pushing anything related with a team with a larger fan base up a bit .. ;)
    Keep most fans happy

9. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

And THAT, was exactly what Von Wafer brought this team. He wasn't great, but it was obvious that his penetrating skillset was very helpful. If Courtney Lee can do that, knock down a 3 and defend, we will be as good as a superstar-less team can be.

Add Marshmellow and we are scary!

10. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

Being the Nba's most improved player puts AB in the top ten PG's in the league just by default. You can argue maybe because of his size he may have defensive troubles against bigger points on the defensive side. But on the other side he more than makes up for it.

You need a player like Brooks in Adelman's offense. Remember Mike Bibby. We move the ball well enough we don't have to have a pass first point. That's not really an emphasis in his offense. Besides Brooks does make good decisions.

AB did awesome for his first full year starting and he'll only improve you could tell lat year that he was really coming into his own. And getting a good feel and comfort for the NBA game. I also noticed he got stronger and could take more contact when driving to the hoop. To top that all off he uses the backboard better then anyone in the league. That's right anyone.

11. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Some of these are questionable. One thing that made me furious is that he put Mo Williams ahead of Brooks. Mo Will just gets the recognition because he plays with Lebron so everyone watches him every time he plays.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Why is this remotely true? Please tell me what separates Brooks from *former* MIP's like Monta Ellis, Dana Barros and Darrell Armstrong, or, aside from the foot or so in stature: Ike Austin, Don MacLean, Pervis Ellison.

If you look at the list of former "MIP's" it's a who's who of draft busts and riff raff - the only guys who ever really went on to do anything with it are either guys who came to the NBA out of high school or had only one year of college and thus had more room to grow (McGrady, Jermaine O"Neal) or guys who sucked/didn't play in their rookie year and then finally got some run as 2nd year players. (Kevin Johnson, Gilbert Arenas).

13. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

What the heck is up with Ty Lawson being in every picture?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. pass_to_Hakeem

our pg's are feeling the love

our pg's are feeling the love

15. yaofan07

yaofan07 Member

Hrm... not so encouraging list, but I think Brooks probably falls pretty closely in that 2nd group. Don't forget last season was his first full season as a starter.

16. AXG

AXG Member

I'd bump Rondo down a bit because he can't shoot outside of 5 feet. Arenas is a ball hog who misses way too many games. I'd take Brooks over Harris. The rest of the list is ok although I'd add Tyreke Evans at like number 10 or so.

17. WNBA

WNBA Member

How about a list of players who are not MIPs?

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It doesn't matter where our PG's are ranked. Together they are the #1 PG combo. ;)

19. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Not sure if this was posted, but before looking at the Rankings you should read the RAnking guidelines.

After this, I think you may have a better idea how he ranked it.

Ranking Guidelines

20. VBG

VBG Member

I can see what he's saying about the importance of defense but let's compare Brooks to Calderon. Brooks beats him in everything except turnovers. But then again, Brooks had so much more responsibility on him.