1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BBS Pick-up game, March 28, League City

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Behad, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I will be there.

But what is this about warming up at Behad's house? Are we meeting at the house, or at the gym? Are they right next to each other or something?

2. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Did you win a Happy Meal playing with those kids? ;)

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to duck out of this one. :(

My girlfriend's little boy is terribly sick and in the hospital right now, and even though there is a chance he might be mostly better by this weekend, I don't see that happening. At any rate, I promised him to take him to the zoo that day if he is better, so I'm out. Yall have fun without me.

4. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Half a block away from each other. If anyone wants to get going by 12:30, we can warm up at my house. The gym won't be open till 1 due to church.

5. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

i agree that zone sucks in pick-up games, but i can see why one would want to adopt that strategy if they weren't on my team.

anyway... you can dunk? how tall are you?

young punks? make sure you wear the age approriate attire to the game, bucko. :D

6. Behad

You know I now have to wear black sox, just for you!

6'2"

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Oh great...another post player?

jeeze...thats about all I got going for me..my hook and a fairly reliable shot from inside of 10 feet...

Ill be there.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Just got back from playing over at the Robinson Wellness Center over off Hermann and Almeda.

I'm out of shape. Big time. Won't be catching my breath until tomorrow.

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Sounds like some of you guys are really pumped up for this game. Have fun gentlemen. Don't hurt yourselves...

I will be unable to attend due to having company in town this weekend. I will however let everybody know that I played some ball at the Meyerland 24 hour fitness last week and easily led my team in scoring. Perhaps next time I will teach you all how the game is played.

10. Behad

Leading scorer in a "Sit and Be Fit" league isn't saying much.

11. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i will be there. not quite 7'6", but i am chinese (half anyways) and 5'9". i can run the point with some post up game.

12. Behad

If anyone needs directions to the gym (other than what I posted in the first post of this thread), email me at behad@yahoo.com

13. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Unfortunately I cannot make it, but I will be there in spirit. Be sure to take loads of pictures!

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'll be there.

Black socks, and those red shorts.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

I would say that 50% of full court pickup games don't even involve the Center or Power Forward. You'll get one token post up a game if you are lucky. On rare occasion an actual point guard shows up and you get the ball. It's just the way of the playground. No big man ever gets the ball without some kind of track record. The funniest part about pickup is that a 6'4 shooting guard is normally the Center, but oft plays on the perimiter cause that's what they know, but people are afraid to give "The big guy" the ball out there. So you really get screwed on that too.

16. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I am slow and a bit out of shape, but am willing to bang for boards with the best of them and have a fairly reliable midrange jumper. I dive for basketballs (wrote balls originally, but thought better of leaving it :) ) and will have a digital video camera on hand.

I will be there until 2:30 or 2:45, after which I will have to make it back home to my wife, son, and big screen ;) .

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Red shorts, black socks.

18. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Behad - shall we bet on how many actually show up

don't be scared guys.... the guys that will be there are all great guys... show up yall have a great time .... trust me

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

My roommate and I will still be there.

20. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i will be there. and possibly another ccfan.net poster. he says he's going but he's notorious for flaking out. :)