1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BBS apps for Android/Iphone/Blackberry

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Falcons Talon, Jan 28, 2010.

1. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

just curious... what's wrong with the mobile version of the board? :confused:

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Nothing wrong, I just feel that having a mobile app (much like facebook app vs facebook mobile site) would make things a little easier, more intuitive, etc.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Tapatalk is the best out there for forum browsing on smartphones. I would be just fine with using something like that if that gets enabled.

4. Akim523

Akim523 Member

I just enable mobile version on my phones and you can enable default style on PCs.

1 person likes this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If ya'll aren't using the mobile version yet, you're missing out.

1 person likes this.
  6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Thanks bro, definitely missed out for God knows how long.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wait, are you saying that you can have different versions on the phone and on PC and don't have to switch back and forth?

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

There's something to miss out on?!?!

9. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Yes you can.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

You can't rep on the mobile version doe. Also no access to your user cp and the rest of the menu up top (not that you ever visit those tabs). I do like its simplicity and the lack of signature, however.

11. Awesome

Awesome Member

I guess there was no answer for this?

I think a mobile tapatalk for this site would be awesome

12. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Tapatalk for this site is long overdue.

13. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

is there an easier way to view the forum on a phone? so tired of using safari

i feel like this is long overdue

14. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

I graduated with a CS degree back in December. My senior design project was an android app and I'll be working on an iOS app at work in a week or two so eventually I'd likely be willing to do that one too.

I have some free time and I'd be willing to work on an android version for free, but I'd need to see what sort of API Clutch has in place to make sure it is doable.

So if Clutch is interested I would really only need access to the API similar to how Reddit's API works. I'd need to be able to pull thread names, pages, posts, etc. I wouldn't need access to any user specific or private data unless Clutch decided he wanted it to go live. With that I could put together a prototype of how it would look and function without having to worry about giving me any special access to the site.

I'm not sure this is something people are still interested in, but if so I'd be more than willing to at the very least get the ball rolling on it.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I've always thought someone on this board who has app developing skills could volunteer for something like this. But over the years, I sensed that Clutch is not very enthusiastic about it.

Using my phone to access CF is just so inefficient for me that I have given up on it. It would be great to have a dedicated app for Clutchfans. But if Clutch does not think it's a good idea, I'll respect that.