1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BBQ Linked to Prostate Cancer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Apr 3, 2006.

1. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

what about fish?

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

'Tomatoes fight cancer .. so make sure u use a tomato base sauce . .. and it'll be a'ight " J Anthony Brown Comedian

3. fadeaway

fadeaway Member

:confused: I did specify animal protein. Plant protein was found to have a very different effect.

Yup, smaller amounts of meats are better than large amounts, but not as beneficial as none at all, so says the author.

Unfortunately, any beneficial beef carcinogen is probably counter-balanced out by all the hormones and crap they inject into the poor cows nowadays. :eek:

The author, Campbell, advocates a diet without any form of meat or animal product (cheese, milk, eggs, etc..) or heavily processed food (refined sugars, processed starches like crackers, etc..). According to his research, which is considerable, a whole foods plant-based diet (with B12 supplements and a reasonable amount of sunshine) is the way to go to prevent, control and even reverse major disease.

I wish I had the discipline to stick to such a diet. I can do without beef and chicken fairly easily; tofu and vegetable "ground round" products are good substitutes. However, being an east-coaster, I love fish and seafood too much.

4. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

hilarious news.

good thing it's still april fools

5. Behad

Behad Member

Lies, all lies I tell you....

Now pardon me while I attempt to go piss....again. :(

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm doomed.