1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BBC] Doctor Who

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Brando2101, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Not a huge fan of the show but my gf is. Ill watch it from time to time. The episode with these guys was pretty good:

[​IMG]

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

I thought Coleman was especially good with Smith, and not so good with Capaldi. The chemistry between Capaldi and Coleman is somewhat there, but they don't really play off each other that well. The need to bring in Danny (Clara's new squeeze?) takes her away from the Doctor, which isn't a good move.

I think Coleman might be leaving the show soon - the Danny character is the perfect way to do so.

You didn't like "Listen?" I thought it was one of the best episodes - the opening of the show where Capaldi was talking to himself was gold.

imo, he's been really really good. Since the Doctor is almost never like his previous iterations in terms of personality, being overtly silly or overtly serious can just be attributed to the personality of the new Doctor.

Loving all the eyebrow jokes though.

3. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

No, I liked "Listen" (up until the end). The bank episode was the one I thought was kind of week.

4. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Capaldi killed it with his speech at the end of the last episode.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He's really grown on me this season. I hated the grumpy old doctor that he played last season.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He is growing on me

Still waiting on the Shielder to become Missy

Rocket River

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Not really feeling this season. Don't know what's missing. Something is off for me.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Capaldi isn't a very good Doctor, they need to hurry up and kill off Jenna Coleman, and the writing the past 2 seasons has been awful with its' sonic sunglasses and stupid guitar nonsense.

9. opticon

opticon Member

I thought I was the only one. Matt Smith and David Tenet where so much better and it is not even funny.

The first doctor of the reboot was my favorite personally.

I hope they stop the current doctors run at two seasons and move on.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Christopher Eccleston was my favorite as well. Capaldi has done better this season, but he'll most likely never be a very good Doctor....even if the writing was better. The current tone by the writing staff is that they are doing things just because they can rather than because it makes for a good story. It might be time to bring in some new blood.