1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BBC] Doctor Who

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Brando2101, Aug 11, 2013.

1. liljojo

liljojo Member

I started with Tennant, and he remains my favorite doctor by far. Smith had the hottest companions and more intriguing story lines, plus Rory is a BAMF.

I never really got into Eccleston.

2. GraingerGuy

GraingerGuy Member

I really liked Tennant. The thing he did better than both Eccelston and Smith was come off as both a badass and a goofy Doctor. There were times that he got this look and you knew that the bad guy was screwed. I didn't like Smith at first, but his version of The Doctor grew on me after a bit. And Eccelston was a GREAT choice in giving The Doctor new life. There was a bit of "damage" or "PTSD" that he gave The Doctor that made sense because of the Time War.

3. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

[nerd] Errr, isn't there an alt universe already with Tennant and Rose together? Something to do with the cybermen? [/nerd]

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I just saw this thread... Love doctor who... Will be sad to see smith go, but it won't be nearly as painful as losing piper or Tennant ;)

Edit: and I should have read all the new posts before responding - :)

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

I really wish there was at least one more season (series?) of Smith and Coleman.

They really had great chemistry together.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If you haven't seen this already. Kinda funny.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Do-wDPoC6GM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Yes, but that Tennant/Doctor is human. He isn't a Doctor at all! No regeneration, no TARDIS, just a moderately attractive blond girl.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

I rank the original series Doctors in this order 3rd, 2nd, 5th, Davison, 1st, Baker, 6th.

I hated the 5th Doctor as a kid but he's actually fun character when you get the humor as an adult.

The episodes of the first Doctor are a bit too dated but his character is a little bit evil or amoral which is fun.

9. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed. He was the first I saw and the best

Seems to happen with a lot I guess. . .their first is the best :D

Rocket River

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Tenant is clearly the best.

12. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I saw Eccleston first and it literally took me about 3 years to get through his season. I kept putting it off cause so many people kept telling me how great it was, etc., but really it was just awful.

David Tenant was great, and Matt Smith is growing on me, but I'm just at the end of the 6th season.

Overall I'm definitely not as enamored with Dr. Who as a lot of people are, though. I'd give the series about a 6.5/10. Watchable but not a priority for me. Some occasional really good episodes, though. Everyone likes Blink evidently, and I liked the one with Van Gogh, for example.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Anyone have times and channels for UVerse and Dish?

14. MykTek

MykTek Member

big doctor who fan myself.
    Tenant is definitely my favorite.
    I really like the Smith/Coleman combo, wish it would have lasted longer, for some reason I find her very attractive.
    The new doctor is going to be interesting, we'll see how they work in an "older" doctor compared to Tenant/Smith.

BBCA has been running all kinda of Doctor Who shows all week, the new episode should be tomorrow around 2pm central time I believe.. program guide says it starts at 1:50PM

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

On U-Verse, it's been 188/1188 but my guide now says 122/1122.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-U3jrS-uhuo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's a shame Paul McGann never had his own DW series.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Am I the only one who is not really feeling the new companion?

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Maybe. Amy and Rory got so stale I couldn't stand them. Should have been let go a year sooner. They did have a great send-off though.

From my standpoint, Clara was a HUGE upgrade. Not sure how she will fit with Peter Capaldi (or even if she will continue the role with him). My gut feeling is the new Doctor will be more dominant and the companion's role will decrease.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

She and Smith had great chemistry. I think one of the reasons she was brought on was because she could talk just as fast as Smith / riff off one another.

Not sure how she and Capaldi will work though. It's a bit strange to go from a younger dude to an older dude.