1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BBallBreakdown: Rockets Feel Refs Ruined Game 1 Vs Warriors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I agree with your post, FB. The game you mentioned went into overtime and the winning 3 by James was just an incredible play. Yes, some of the players you mentioned could have made a couple of shots, or grabbed a few boards during yesterday’s game, and we might still have won against a stacked deck.

That just adds to the frustration for me. Our two stars were clearly affected by the officiating and, given a fairly called game, would likely have made the difference by themselves. So much of the chaos was caused by the officials for both teams that one had to wonder, why were they doing the game? If the officials were that bad, and they were very, very bad, why on earth were they there? This is the most anticipated series in the playoffs, and that’s the best the league could come up with? It’s exasperating.

#21 Deckard, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    snowconeman22 and jcf like this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I thought he was referring to shots like the last one by James where he contorted his body trying to draw the foul instead of focusing on hitting he shot. Not the shots from the first half where the refs just screwed up and the league has acknowledged were blown calls.

As the pressure built in the second half, and maybe in reaction to not getting calls in the first half, the Rockets did a lot more foul hunting which does make it harder for the refs to do their job accurately. They are creating contact situations where it is more ambiguous who is commiting the violation and if the contact is incidental or not. That’s the stuff I think the Rockets need to cut out. But it’s kind of in their DNA to play that way, so I’m not sure if they can actually make that adjustment.

snowconeman22 and likestohypeguy like this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That CP3 rip thru Nick called out 6:25 was made RIGHT AFTER Durant's rip thru on Shumpert.

It was obvious Chris wanted a consistent whistle and he got it.

Refs do this all the time by "making good" on a previous ****up. It's just this time there was no make good on blowing all those early 1st half no-calls.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

CP3 does that rip through move at least once every few games to earn an easy trip to the line when the other team is in the penalty. I don’t think he was reacting to anything except game situation and seeing the defense’s hand in the cookie jar.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Whatever. It's easy for one to cherry pick "bad calls went both ways" especially when you leave out the same blown call the play right before it. :cool:

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If they were doing it last series then I can understand why harden and Paul reacted so strongly . ....

I can't think of any other conclusion that the warriors are dirty and are trying to hurt people .

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

bball breakdown lost their credibility to me i am not watching that video

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  8. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

It seems they only made that video to to try and defend the Warriors. Like they start off saying we should have had fouls..... but they also make out that the officials were awful for both sides.

There were plenty more calls that weren't in that video that weren't called for the Rockets. Harden got hit on the hand from Thompson from a 3pt attempt in the start of the 2nd half.... that wasn't called. I'm also sure he got hit a couple of times when driving to the basket early in the game.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Video was fair guys ....

He had to pick and choose a few examples , can't do an exhaustive review in 10 min .

Overall he didn't say anything that was outrageous

durvasa likes this.
  10. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

size of the beard?

12. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

The most disappointing thing about this video is him saying the rockets should adjust to what is being called.
    Why adjust to something that is a foul, and should be called a foul and was called a foul in the regular season.

13. likestohypeguy

What's the alternative, to adjusting? I mean what else can be done, that they actually control?

14. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

Jimmy butler was fouled the same way on a 3pt, but his got called a foul. So why adjust if it’s being called in other series. A foul is a foul. What happened in game 1 was dangerous. If harden or cp3 sprain their ankles, season is over.

15. jcf

jcf Member

Well, when such a big part of our game is 3's, would you suggest we adjust and stop shooting them?

luckyman76 likes this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is a clear bias against Harden - his reputation precedes him. But I have never seen anything like this. Where a player's reputation causes him to miss out on blatant calls.

It's ruining the series.

luckyman76 likes this.
  17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Yup and he couldn't help himself (he's a worrier nut rider) at the end and start to defend worriers (see Rox get away with it too!) like a little worrier plastic fan whiny b****. As if a team with Kerr, Green, KD, Steph, Klay, Boogie, a team that verbally and visually whine, complain, attack the refs constantly, needs to be defended. Oh poor worriers...

18. ipaman

Imagine a players rep causes that player a championship...

The only other player that comes to mind is Rodman who was really punished out of bias and spite back in the day.

19. ipaman

Rox needs to quit b****ing and learn new hoover technique. Shoot a 3, hover for 2-3 seconds, don't land like a loser.

20. jcf

jcf Member

It's not surprising our shots aren't falling when our players have to worry about landing wrong and being injured. Hovering would be nice. Or maybe Donkey's natural basketballmove a few times to the groin.