1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BBallbreakdown] Donatas Motiejunas Scouting Report

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CDrex, Jan 5, 2015.

1. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

The curious thing is to me, he always displayed flashes of being able to do this. He would unleash the beast for two or three consecutive games and then vanish. I think I'm even on record after about game 5 of his starting tenure as saying something to the effect of "wow, D-Mo is having a great stretch...but I've been fooled by his great stretches before. Nice try, but I don't buy it." But he has been the truth this season, and has been one of the few players bringing it consistently on both ends.

2. elainas

elainas Member

Cleveland make huge mistake they had trade for DMo insted of Love while have a chance. Love in that rim protection list second worst near Anderson..

3. onreego

onreego Member

Like some analysts have pointed out, he's most efficient when he performs his move quickly versus backing down and dribbling. When he gives the defense a chance to double team he tends to make mistakes.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

How much are we thinking DMO commands as a free agent?

5. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Dmo rotation and stepping out and getting back in the pick and role have been great (he is a much better pick and role defender than dwight who refuses to step out).

Also he is great ar jumping vertically and staying vertical, making the shot difficult without fouling.

He is my favorite Rocket at the moment.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

With the cap going up and him being a 7 footer with plus defense and a plus post game he'll probably get 12 mil a year easy.

7. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

This is actually part of the defensive scheme. Dwight's main objective is to protect the rim, showing hard on the pick and role would actually break down our defense and force someone else to cover for him. The other 4 guys are playing this aggressive style on the perimeter but Dwight is intentionally more conservative with his action so he can hang back and play goalie.

The coaches have mentioned that they're mimicking the defense that was very successful with Dwight in Orlando.

8. platypus

platypus Member

I don't think anyone will pay DMO 12 million a year. GM's are getting smarter nowadays, Greg Monroe thought he was gonna get that kind of money (he didn't)

DMO also has the look of a player flourishing in our system, GM's would need to see sustained improvement from him to pay him that kind of money.

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

DMo is a better offensive and defensive player than Monroe.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

the money skill for the big man is rim protection, which has basically remained steadily very good all season. The offense, there's still improvements that should be expected (he still rushes under the rim, such as when he got that touch pass from papa last game) that are experience things.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What did Al Jefferson get? Somewhere just south of that.

DD

12. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

No way Dmo get 12 mill a year

id say between 8.5-10 mill

13. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I just don't see Morey giving up a $13.5M contract to DMo unless he drastically improves his rebounding and becomes a near 20 ppg guy for us. That would lock him in as our 3rd option with few options to improve the roster.

14. alethios

alethios Member

Yes! I think he scores at a ridiculously high percentage when he posts up. He's almost money inside of 10 ft.

15. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

great article. If only those three's would start falling at a little better ratio...

16. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Because he doesn't make flashy defensive plays.

17. elainas

elainas Member

Remember this rookie
    [​IMG]

18. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Remember when everyone thought parsons would get $8-10m a year? Decent bigs get paid. Bigs who play defense and have a post up game in a year when the salary cap is set to explode? Yeah, I'm taking the over. $12m will be last years $7m.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Where is CXBBY?

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He went the way Marcus Morris headed

Might still be reading tho