1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

bball breakdown gm5 postgame show

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fair Dinkum, May 2, 2013.

Tags:
  1. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't know, I've been warming up to the idea. Imagine our defense and rebounding with both of those guys on the floor at the same time. And would our offense really take a hit compared to playing Greg Smith? I feel like if we just added Dwight, and did nothing else, our defense would improve massively and our offense would be the same or better.

2. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

I agree. I like Brooks but his value to the team and what he brings is 'meh.' He's not a long-term solution and does well in spot up minutes but he's not in the Rockets future plans--already had his shot.

I think Bev has been quite a surprise and Lin was solid this season. Let them fight it out for the starting role. if Bev 'wins' the starting job, I could see Lin becoming the Rockets 6th man, playing PG and 2 guard, and leading the second team as the primary scorer. He could potentially get more minutes that way anyways. I'm a firm believe in 'its not who starts, but who finishes the game' that matters most. I like Lin and I like Bev. We have to above avg with big upside pgs. Good thing to have.

Brooks is too expensive for the value. Don't need. And I say that with fondness :)

3. arjun

arjun Member

i hope we can get a team to bite on taking lin like we were able to get a team to bite on taking ariza or swift.

4. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Morey has proven that he's able to trade anybody. He's been excellent at erasing his mistakes, from Ariza to Terrence Williams. Thanks to Les Alexander's willingness to spend, he can always sweeten the trade pot with a second rounder or two and then buy a pick later.

That said, I don't think Lin was a mistake. He fits the team's young, aggressive culture well. If he's moved, I think it will be for a clear upgrade, not so a fair-to-middling guy like Beverley can get a shot. Either way, I'm not sweating it. Morey has more than proven that he can find solid, aggressive point guards in his sleep. Credit the scouts, I guess, but if he can pull Patrick Beverly out of freaking Siberia, I'm not real worried about the position moving forward no matter who's the current starter.

5. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

This is what Coach Nick said of Lin during Linsanity

Article is called "Why Jeremy Lin can be the next Steve Nash."

That's anything but begrudging

6. gene18

gene18 Rookie

I saw coach Nicks Video and read the article. So I was quite surprised to hear him say what he said on this tape. I saw him comment on other Rockets games and he pointed out how well Lin is doing and how well he moves without the ball. On this video he said if I am not mistaken than Morey is looking to Brooks and Beverly to take over for Lin because they are getting more and more minutes. He did not say that they are better point guards. I have watched every Rocket game this year and find Beverly generally playing way below Lin's level. During Summer League play the commentator was ask if Beverley should replace Lin. He quickly said oh no Beverley should only come off the bench . He is not close to the qualiy of an NBA starting point guard. The commentator was an former NBA player. I am perplexed. Nick has praised Lin many times, yet he said what he said.