1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Baytown restaurayeur slays apparent burgular

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hicklander, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

Baytown restaurateur slays apparent burgular

Grand jury will consider fatal restaurant shooting

By MIKE GLENN
    Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

TOOLS
    Email Get section feed
    Print Recommend (2)
    Comments (77) Yahoo! Buzz
    The fatal shooting of a suspected burglar inside a Baytown restaurant Sunday will be referred to a Harris County grand jury, authorities said today.

An alarm company contacted the owner of Four Corners BBQ, 7735 Decker, shortly before noon to report a possible break-in at the business, sheriff's deputies said.

The owner, whose name was not been released, saw a broken window when he arrived and then saw a man inside, authorities said.

"The business owner told the male inside to stop, (but) he continued moving," said sheriff's Sgt. L.A. Davis.

The owner fired once from outside the building, fatally wounding the burglar. Davis said the owner, who is licensed to carry a concealed handgun, kept a shotgun and pistol inside the restaurant and may have been concerned that the intruder had them.

"There were weapons inside," Davis said. "That was somewhat in his mind, I would imagine."

Davis added that the restaurateur was protecting his property. "He was under no obligation to retreat," he said.

Investigators said they will leave it to a grand jury to decide whether charges should be filed

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5736590.html

Im a once a weeker to this BBQ place its great food and I must say now im gonna be proud rolling in to this joint... Make sure to stop by some time I-10 East Exit 770 its right at the corner

#1 Hicklander, Apr 28, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

restaurayeur?

:confused:

Btw, that burglar picked the wrong restaurant to break into.

3. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

was the owner white and burgular black?

4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Oh, but danger like this doesn't happen, don't you know. That's why you should carry a Gaboon viper before you carry a sidearm or try to to learn any form of defensive martial arts. :rolleyes:

Just wanted to share that I maced a dog that got too close to me, and have also purchased another Glock 22 with a tactical rail light and internal lasermax.

Good to hear the castle law will protect this gun owner, and even better to hear that a fellow CHL carrier is such a good shot. I wonder what his sidearm and caliber/grain was.

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Why couldn't the restaurant owner just say he felt the burglar was threatening him and thus he shot the burglar? That way he could stay out of trouble.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Most cases like this go to the Grand Jury just to cover the DA's a$$.

Sounds like the Law Enforcement is convinced it was not manslaughter.

7. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

8. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

i dont know bout the burgular but owner is white nice hows its called a slaying