1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Baylor Bears Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Brandyon, Aug 28, 2013.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Nasty leg injury for Seth. Sad way to end his college career. Not sure if the NFL is in his future

2. sammy

Les Miles to Baylor picking up steam

whag00 likes this.
  3. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I'll donate $10 to the CF Tip Jar if that happens. It's very clear IMO that the NCAA is coming after Baylor with sanctions with full force. The one thing the NCAA is good at is applying sanctions when it comes to schools playing ineligible athletes and that is the angle that they are going on with their current investigation instead of the broad and rushed judgements they made against Penn St. It's if they can make the argument that a player should have been ineligible based on breaking the official rules at Baylor because they were given a pass by the coaches. I don't know if they can make it stick but I would not bet against the NCAA if that is what they are doing. They were embarrassed that their sanctions against Penn St were thrown and I think they are going to use Baylor as a way to show the world that they still matter. It's not a slam dunk but the fact that the ncaa investigation is not closed is a giant red flag.

Also, where are you seeing this? All that I've seen is that he is on the list of coaches that Baylor wants. There is no news that there is a dialog between them and it's going well or that he has expressed any interest in Baylor.

4. Buck Turgidson

I don't know when you were there, brando, but I learned paragraphs before I set foot in Austin.

5. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

If it was from a private school then you should try to get a refund.

6. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Yeah it's a shame. Last year before the neck injury I thought he was a potential mid-round draft pick. He has a pretty strong arm with good accuracy. He can also pick up yards with his feet. He was kind of a poor mans Dak and was probably a better prospect than Petty.

Maybe he can get on as an assistant somewhere and work his way up the coaching ranks.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. sammy

Pat Doney
    43 mins ago - View on Twitter
    Hearing Chad Morris has now agreed in principle to become Baylor's next head coach. Announcement expected this weekend. @NBCDFW

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Not sure if it's real...also not sure if I'm excited about the prospect of Chad Morris.

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Hmm...hearing that Morris to BU may not happen.

12. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

RIP Baylor football 2010-2016

13. sammy

We'll be back. It'll take a couple of years

whag00 likes this.
  14. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Yeah time to gut it out and rebuild. I know it won't happen and it looks like they are locking in on Morris but I think Charlie Strong would be a decent fit. He has experience recruiting in Texas and he would weed out all the riff raff. Just a thought.

15. sammy

I'm hearing Baylor is going after Fedora first, Morris after (According to Pat Forde)

16. sammy

Strong as the D coordinator would be welcomed with open arms

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Why does Fedora leave UNC for Baylor? IMO, it's a lateral move at best. He's in a better conference at a school in a much nicer place and won't have to potentially deal with NCAA sanctions.

18. Buck Turgidson

This means absolutely nothing but he comes across as a really good guy, he was great to talk to when he was at Lake Travis.

MadMax likes this.
  19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Baylor has 1 commit for this year's recruiting class....oh my...

20. sammy

That's expected when there's no coaching staff in place. That's why most Baylor fans are becoming impatient. We need someone in now.