1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Baylor Bears Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Brandyon, Aug 28, 2013.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The unsafe environment makes a lot of sense to you all? That's tactful statements that got fed to the players and parents from somewhere.

We actually made the environment TOO SAFE for the players. There was zero accountability for their actions.

2. Buck Turgidson

It's only an "unsafe environment" for the players because now the national spotlight is on them. They can go anywhere else and ****up and few will notice.

3. sammy

Lol good point.

4. sammy

5. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I think it's safe for the players but was unsafe for the female student body. The 2016 class made a commitment to the university and not the coach but the university and the program as it is was not what they were shown and promised.

Not sure what the hell will happen there or if it's the case.

[​IMG]

6. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

7. Brando2101

8. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Yeah thats a bunch of crap. Cleary UT is behind all of this and he has someone coaching him on what to say. I bet if Briles wasn't fired, JP would be enrolled at Baylor right now.

9. Buck Turgidson

I finally watched Ken Starr's interview and I must say he is one of the most willfully ignorant slimey sh!tbags I've ever seen. Good riddance, and I hope they can fire him from his prof spot as well.

10. Brando2101

I can't tell if you're serious. So what happened with Briles? You seemed to sure about him a couple weeks ago.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Does Briles get another HC Job? If so when?

I think he lays low for a year

Rocket River

12. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Baylor fans are hilariously delusional. You've lost your head coach, AD, and university president. Your school is in utter disarray. Not just athletics, but the entire leadership of the school. And now you're talking about not letting the kids who are about to enroll out of their letter of intent? I hope Baylor tries to fight these kids cause the PR nightmare it's going to cause will be hilarious. The NCAA has final decision on releasing the players anyways and they will most likely be free to go where they please. You guys also seem to think that people in Austin or wherever are coaching these recruits and their families on how to get out of their NLI. Uhhh take the tinfoil hat off. There is no Boogeyman in Austin. Hell your not a UT rival. We don't care what you do but will gladly take talented players after your institution fked itself. Your school fked up in a huge way and got.caught. Who in their right mind is going to want to go there for football. The NCAA is going to punish Baylor and I don't think they are going g to.be gentle. If you don't see this coming you are deluding yourself.

13. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Lol. Nobody cares about that stuff, LOL. But good luck on going 6-6 or 7-5 LoL, such an improvement lol, lmao.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Even Bobby friggin' Petrino found a way to get another head coaching spot. 100% chance Briles will be back at HC somewhere.

As for when, yeah, taking a year off makes sense. Next year is when I imagine he starts getting looks.

15. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I don't think you can even remotely compare the two but think he will get a look eventually. May have to wait and see if anything else pops up in the meantime.

16. Buck Turgidson

I'm sure one of the also-rans in the SEC would hire him, somebody like Tennessee or A&M.

17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Gonna have to come to a decision one way or the other. More pissed off parents taking to Twitter will be bad, especially if Grobes name pops up more and more.

18. Brando2101

It's convenient you can't talk about the conclusions against you but you can passively attack the objectivity and neutrality of the firm that conducted it but I guess he is NDAed about it. There has been a huge backlash against the Baylor board of regents by the hardcore Baylor defenders which will just add fuel to the fire.

I don't agree that it shouldn't be viewed as a independent report. They paid the firm but they did not conduct the investigation themselves.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Sure you can compare them. Both are low-life sleazes in their own different way. I think what Briles did was worse, no doubt, but the point is, as long as what they have done isn't technically illegal, good football coaches will always find another landing spot. That's just how it is, unfortunately. Some school is always willing to take the plunge.

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

OK, how about FSU and Jimbo Fisher? He gets to keep his job with reports of widespread coverups by the Tallahassee PD with regards to their players. I'm not sure if you know who Jameis Winston is, maybe read up on him as well.