1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Baylor Bears Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Brandyon, Aug 28, 2013.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Will go after Herman hard next year for sure

Bennet is interim coach and Kendall Briles remains as OC for now. That means nothing will really change from a football perspective.

2. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Totally agree. I didn't think Baylor had the stones, but I'm glad they did. From a football perspective, of course this is bad for the Big XII, but what would've been worse would be allowing a rape enabler to remain a top dog in the conference.

I'm not ready to hand out kudos to Baylor yet. This was, in my opinion, the easiest step in the process. Much harder will be changing the culture on campus and building the infrastructure for student care that was obviously lacking.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Seriously, why aren't the Waco Police being ridiculed and investigated as well for the cover ups and "non" involvement? They have MAJOR faults in this as well.

4. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

No doubt... we should be hearing a lot more of that part of the story.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Wow. Shocked Baylor had the nards to do it.

$300M mausoleum time!

6. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Lol. Herman is not going to Baylor.

7. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Well ****, the information I was getting was clearly bad but something must have been really bad in the report for us to fire him.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Any bets on where he goes?

9. cdain3

cdain3 Member

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Everything pointed in his direction, which is why everyone was wondering why it was taking so long. Briles is Joe Paterno without the legend.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The same Waco police that is still busy coving up the mess that was the Tween Peaks shootout? HAHA

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Badass move Baylor! Y'all can get drunk Sumlin in a year.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Apparent text to the players:

"To current and former players - Hurtful to report there's a release coming out at 11 am that's gonna declare that I'm no longer the head football coach at Baylor University - due to this early release I'm sorry that I can't talk to all of y'all in person. Looks like the remainder of the staff will stay intact which is beneficial for y'all. I sincerely appreciate your love, trust, and loyalty."

@CoachArtBriles account also deleted.

14. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Same here. It hurts but they did the right thing.

15. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Not sure what else you vigilantes want. Baylor just fired the best coach in its history. Reputation is pretty bad right now. Lawsuits still coming. Investigations are still going on. Getting the right coach will help from a morale stand point.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Baylor announces President Starr will no longer be president. Transitioning to chancellor.</p>&mdash; Matthew Watkins (@MWatkinsTrib) <a href="https://twitter.com/MWatkinsTrib/status/735869494841614336">May 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Baylor Athletic Director Ian McCaw has been &quot;sanctioned and placed on probation.&quot;</p>&mdash; Matthew Watkins (@MWatkinsTrib) <a href="https://twitter.com/MWatkinsTrib/status/735869963416666113">May 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>`

17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

All the time but he's definitely had his share of misses. He's been nails on the a lot of happenings at Texas. On Baylor, he was one of the first to report that Starr was going to be reassigned and the AD was out. Also reported this morning that the PH report would come out and a possible whistle blower against Briles, either could have lead up to the quick firing which caught surprised a lot of people.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Dallas Cowboys.

19. Bob Barker 007

Should we make all of this info about Briles and McCaw a new thread? There's going to be a lot coming out in the next few days

20. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

This. Herman doesn't care about coaching at Baylor. I think Baylor could be at risk of being left behind in the next realignment.