1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Baylor Bears Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Brandyon, Aug 28, 2013.

1. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

We should be at least 6. I don't see how Stanford who has one loss to an unranked team is ahead of us. Im sure after we beat OU we will jump Stanford and Miami in the computers so I am not worried.

2. Major

Major Member

It looks like there are 5 potential undefeateds left:

Alabama/Mizzou - if either goes undefeated, they'll be the clear #1
    Oregon
    Florida State
    Baylor
    Ohio State

I think Ohio State would be the clear bottom of the totem pole there, but the other 3 will be interesting jockeying for position. I think an undefeated Oregon or Florida State would be in line for #2 if they survive due to schedule strength, so Baylor would need both of them to lose for national title consideration. But these things tend to work themselves out, so I imagine some of those guys will lose somewhere along the line.

I would love an Oregon-Baylor title game. First to 100 wins!

3. Major

Major Member

Simple. Stanford has beaten several good teams, including 3 that were ranked when they played them. Baylor hasn't beaten a team with a winning record. At this point, there probably 15-20 schools that would be undefeated with Baylor's schedule. They wouldn't have looked as impressive, but computers aren't allowed to consider margin of victory, so all they know is that Baylor won.

The computers value beating good teams; Baylor just hasn't done that yet. Give it a few weeks and it will resolve itself.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I really don't allow myself the illusion/hope that BU will play in the title game this year.

I do wish the playoff system was this season, though...because I'd love to see this team play the others you have on that list.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

his post was deleted so I've removed my reply.

#45 leroy, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  6. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

7. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Allow it man! We're 4 spots out, after a week where half the top 12 lost. There's a lot of season left.

I'm not surprised by the #8 BCS ranking. We'll have to go undefeated to get have a shot due to strength of schedule, and get some help from teams ahead of us. Beating teams like Buffalo worse than Ohio St just doesn't count for much.

That said, Miami being ahead of us is a joke. Stanford, I'll accept for now. If we get through November without a loss, we should jump them.

Enough complaining though... We're a top 10 team in the country!!! I wasn't sure I'd EVER see this while I was in Waco only 8 years ago. If the rest of the country wants to keep sleeping on us, then let them. I want our squad to stay hungry. THere's still something to prove, and that only helps.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

As an outsider, I disagree that the rest of the country is sleeping on Baylor. I think they see the video game stats. I believe they want you to do it against someone not named Wofford, Buffalo, LA-Monroe or against 3 of the weakest teams in the Big 12 (you're playing the weakest this week). Beat OU 2 Thursdays from now and the country (and poll voters) will notice).

You should be praying Texas runs the table and comes into that game on 12/7 as a 10-2 ranked team. You're going to need that for a last push in the polls should you get there undefeated.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Baylor was putting up ridiculous stats last year too, but their defense was very suspect. Even comparing the crappy teams they played in the two years, you can see a vast difference in this team.

Can't wait for the game on the 7th!

1 person likes this.
  10. MadMax

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NfDiBQqIF80" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

Great video.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Beat me to it.

Jim Rome.

Sucker.

13. MadMax

SCRUBBY LITTLE BAYLOR

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Can't wait til the 7th!!!

sammy, are you going?

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Tickets don't look too bad so I'm still debating on it. Wish it was on Friday night! I'm assuming that you are? I'll let you know soon.

I really want to go the Texas game but tickets are pretty expensive.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I have a ticket if I want. Typically I wouldn't since it is Thursday, but it would be our last family trip to Floyd Casey (my dad worked there as a kid and my sisters both went to school there in the late-80s/early-90s so we went to most home games until the dark years), so I feel like I would regret it if I didn't.

17. Major

Major Member

Wow - a few of us were looking at going to that, but tickets on Stubhub are $180?? Have Baylor football tickets ever gone for anything close to that before?

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Doubtful. Probably due to that being the last game there.

19. Major

Major Member

That and it may be the game to decide the Big 12, a BCS bid, and possibly a national championship game bid. That game will be crazy if everything stays on course. Texas, oddly, has a reasonable chance to be 9-2 going into that game.

20. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Are you serious? Standard has beat #25 Oregon State, #9 UCLA, #15 Washington, and #15 Washington. Their SOS according to Sagarin is 9th compared to Baylor's 96th. I don't think they scheduled any division 2 teams.

If Stanford beats Oregon then they will be unreachable but you will probably pass Oregon.