1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Battlefield 3 - COD killer?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rezdawg, Mar 2, 2011.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You should play it, the game play is vastly superior.

DD

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Lol if you get ran over 30 times by a slow ass tank, you should stop playing video games. :grin:

3. CXbby

CXbby Member

Then stop making assumptions.

4. wtfamonkey

wtfamonkey Member

Honestly..

MW2 would have been the GOAT FPS only if they didnt have commando and noob tubes.

And thats saying a lot

1 person likes this.
  5. CXbby

CXbby Member

Some leaked alpha multiplayer footage. They will probably be taken down soon.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bfeOoEDYEt0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0QnnAXEiqq0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0MgQMoPwGwM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SDcbaR1THPQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bTAn0APN-pM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7Nl6FU-awzw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#85 CXbby, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  6. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

I like it, it looks like a sleek and sexier version of bad company 2.

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Looks better than BFBC2...but COD still seems to have the smoother gameplay/mechanics.

8. CXbby

CXbby Member

I don't think that's a bad thing. Yes, the movement in BF in general is a bit slower, more deliberate, "physical" if you will. Because that is how people move in real life. I actually prefer that to COD's moving at a million miles per hour twitch fest. It depends on what you are looking for. More realism/sim or arcade shoot 'em up.

9. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

i wish the engineer class still had the impact driver. that is the ultimate middle finger kill in bad company 2.

people need to give rep to cxbby for the video find.

10. CXbby

CXbby Member

Looks like we will be getting the blowtorch instead, at 2:20

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OqHKHlcx_hk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A couple of little things I like from the videos:

1. Equipable knife = fun times.
    2. Can finally aim down sights on shotguns.
    3. Health regen looks to start about 15-20 seconds after taking damage. I prefer no regen at all, but the longer delay is an improvement.
    4. No kill cam!

Some things I don't like:

1. Those damn wall hack red triangles are back.
    2. After the 15-20 second delay, it looks like health regen goes at super speed, about 8-10%/sec.

The good news is I can still avoid everything I don't like in hardcore mode.

11. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

thanks for finding all these vids even though the last one i got hadji rolled.

It looks like i will be able to kill with the torch. Nice find.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Deliberate is a poor description. Deliberate would more describe COD since you possess more control over your player. Battlefield is still very clunky. If you are running for your life, it is fast paced, which is more realistic. Up to this point in each franchise, COD has more player control and is more realistic.

13. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

14 mins of gameplay (has some older vids in the video)

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jyy0BideDR8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I don't know what you people mean when you say Battlefield is clunky or poor control. I move, shoot, and control just fine in Battlefield or any FPS.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Yeah, those "perks" are very realistic.:rolleyes:

COD is not about REALISM......come on now.

16. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

found a repair tool kill hahaha

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e10krzvKH2A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If they just fixed how fast they turn, it'd be a huge improvement.
    It just feels slow and clunky. I'm sorry but even with 40lb+ gear I'd still be able to turn faster than that.

At least let me make my aim sensitivity higher than the max.

But yeah. BF3 looks way better than CoD ever will be. I'm done buying CoD games.

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I was cautiously optimistic, but here are my big concerns (bare in mind none of this affects PC players):
    A) It's running at 30fps on consoles, which is garbage for a FPS. Previews I've read have also mention huge drops in framerate. If any of that is true, you might as well forget this game being any good.
    B) They're ONLY showing alpha footage of a game that is 2 months from release? Why?
    C) Every preview article that has mentioned consoles says that graphically just from PC to PS3 it's a huge drop visually, let alone the conversion to Xbox. Plus all of the cool features like environmental destruction aren't there (could be wrong on this part, but I believe I read that).

19. RedRedemption

A) Modern Warfare spoiled you. 60fps might look smooth, but it sure as hell ain't realistic. As far as visuals go I always liked that BF gave you movie-like framerate...
    B) In this Modern day and age Beta usually means a 2-week online closed (or open) limited game testing period. I'm guessing ALPHA = Closed testing and BETA= Open testing.
    C) Yes. Of course. Its going to look vastly different from a $2,000 PC compared to a $250 console. That's the trade-off that you'll have to deal with if you didn't shell out your PC with all the latest tech on the market. In my personal experience its the equivalent of setting all your graphics settings on a PC game to Medium. Its not going to look amazing, but it'll leave me impressed otherwise.

20. RedRedemption

This is why nobody agrees with you.