1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Battlefield 3 - COD killer?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rezdawg, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It's nice that the B2K maps are huge with numerous battle fronts. However, I think they need some serious balancing. A team can dominate as Russia, yet get dominated when US. The maps aren't balanced well.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yeah, the maps are pretty damn epic.

Played a bit. But not much time to spend on it.

Will come back to it in January after vacation.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm going to get this game. I hope it's still for sale at frys 39.99.

4. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I did notice that. I haven't really seen a closely contested round yet on the new maps.

but having 64 people on them is awesome. When I'm amongst some ofhte buildings, it feels like Black Hawk Down! I'm just peeking out, looking around, and running for the next building/cover. Freaking fun...

Vehicles tear up those maps, b/c infantry is typically so spread out. To take down vehicles, you really have to work together.

5. Htown's2kFinest

Anyone know if Wal-Mart or Best Buy is gonna have holiday deals on Microsoft points? I wanna get this.

6. Htown's2kFinest

Had to post this. Too funny. :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PlLlUE0xmBU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  7. Poloshirtbandit

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

That is funny in a "Glad it didn't happen to me" sort of way.

DD

9. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Holly sh**!! i didn't know you can drive this and if you kill someone with it you get a, "like a boss" trophy.

[​IMG]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/myrqY2i4zpU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

New updates are out and you can now rent a server.

New DLC in june bf3 close quarters

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s9N853JrG_0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

this is pretty funny

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0YvkivnStw4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Poloshirtbandit

Has anyone downloaded the expansion yet? Trying to decide if I want to get the premium deal.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm on the fence. Saves you like $25 or so if you get the premium versus buying all of the packs.

Can't decide if I want it or not....probably going to get premium though. (on pc).

13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

How much are all the packs? About $15 each? Is the premium package going to be offered all the time? I haven't played BF3 in months but might pick it back up again in the future.

And if we do buy the premium, can we sell off the Back to Karkand pack or is it just a redundant throw-in?

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I suck monkey balls at this game.

15. Poloshirtbandit

$15 per pack, premium is $50 one-time price. I'm guessing it's a throw-in. Even if you include Karkand though you are getting a discount if you buy them all at one time (four other packs).

I'm still pissed off about my expansion pack experience with BF2. I bought the game $50 + Special Forces $30 + Euro pack that nobody played $10 + Armored Fury $10.

Not too long after they released the last pack, they sold them all as a bundle for $30. :mad:

16. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Little revival here.

I've enjoyed the CQ map pack. I do, however, find other servers to switch it up some. I did notice it skews people's stats b/c your Points Per Minute or whatever will skyrocket since the action is so fast paced.

Team work is less on the CQ maps, but can make the difference for sure.

I suck at vehicles, which is funny since it's Battlefield, but I'm looking forward to the new map pack "Armored whatever."

On a related note, Medal of Honor Warfighter looks interesting as well.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Haven't played in awhile but we're in that stretch between basketball and football so... does anyone have an update weapons pros and cons chart? I forgot which weapons I like and why I like them. I needs an easy to look at information sheet. Rep for help. Thanks.