1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Battle of the Scrubs: Who was the greatest benchwarmer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OkayAyeReloaded, Aug 7, 2010.

?

Who was the G.O.A.T. 12th man in Rocket's history?

1. Scotty Brooks

97 vote(s)
    20.6%
  2. Brian Cook

106 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Bostjan Nachbar

58 vote(s)
    12.3%
  4. Zan Tabak

18 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. Anthony Miller

9 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. Scott Padgett

38 vote(s)
    8.1%
  7. Pete Chilcutt

35 vote(s)
    7.4%
  8. Steve Novak

76 vote(s)
    16.1%
  9. David Anderson

12 vote(s)
    2.5%
  10. Other

23 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Haha! That's exactly why I voted Boki.

2. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

I really laughed watching this "highlight" video.

Here's how I imagine the the creative process for this video:

"We can only find 3 minutes of highlights, but we want a 10 minute mix. What can we do?"

"How about we show every play three times in slow motion?"

"Great idea!"

"Most songs are only 4 or 5 minutes, but with all the replays we have a 9 min video. Should we use In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida?"

"Not sure that song works for the T-Mac of Greece. Let's use two songs."

"Wow. Good thinking. This video is going to get 10 million hits!"

"Is that a triple replay of a standard chest pass to the wing?"

"Yeah. Come on we're not making a lowlight video. I've got limited material to work with!"

"Isn't that a standard play learned in elementary school?"

"Actually. I refined my chest pass skills in 4-square, but I'm not sure what the standard is in Greece."

"The video is shaping up to be oh so awesome, but do we have to show a textbook bad play of fast-break dribble to the wing and jump in the air to pass?"

"Well it is a good dunk by the other guy."

"Good point. Let's leave it in"

(17 hours later...)

"I'm just finishing up the jump shot section. Seventeen hours of footage work to find 10 made jump shots. For a minute, I was having hallucinations of Chuck Hayes at the line."

"Yeah that's happened to me before."

"Do you think Kill Bill will be first ballot Hall of Fame?"

"Maybe not first, but he'll be there. I just hope the Rockets realize his stock is skyrocketing and give him a Carroll Dawson special 10 year deal."

"Yeah. He's like a younger version of T-mac mixed with Steve Nash without the prima donna attitude. He'd never quit like T-mac and even the turnovers were from trying for "team play"."

"I can see that, DD, you know so much about basketball."

"Hey, it's my cross to bear. With great insight comes great responsibility to post at least 500 times per day."

"Yeah. Is that one of those bowling braces?"

"When you're gifted with great talent, you have to do everything you can to protect it. My fingers bring basketball insight to the world about great players like Spanoulis. You can't be too careful."

"Right again, as always."

3. GranvilleWaders

Granville Waiters...period!

4. OkayAyeReloaded

Call it highlights or low lights, this guy got a lot of votes from this board.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B29TMNP37OY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B29TMNP37OY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

5. Toast

Toast Member

My list would look nothing like your list.

"The Legend" Charles Jones (I believe the only man in NBA history to average more fouls per game than points per game)
    Thomas "Two Sandwiches" Hamilton (didn't Charles Barkley once say that guy would actually be pretty good if he learned two words: "I'm full."?)
    Ryan Bowen (dude didn't even deserve the league minimum!)
    "Amigo" Carl Herrera (who am I kidding? I loved that guy!)
    Mitchell Wiggins (well, I guess he was pretty good when he was high)
    Jent/Ehlo/Langhi ... he was always the same guy whatever his name was and whatever decade

And I think Scott Brooks deserves to be on the list just because in 95, he didn't really play but he waved a towel around like nobody's business. I think Hall of Famer Calvin Murphy used to call him "The Energizer Bunny."