1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Battle of the Scrubs: Who was the greatest benchwarmer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OkayAyeReloaded, Aug 7, 2010.

?

Who was the G.O.A.T. 12th man in Rocket's history?

1. Scotty Brooks

97 vote(s)
    20.6%
  2. Brian Cook

106 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Bostjan Nachbar

58 vote(s)
    12.3%
  4. Zan Tabak

18 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. Anthony Miller

9 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. Scott Padgett

38 vote(s)
    8.1%
  7. Pete Chilcutt

35 vote(s)
    7.4%
  8. Steve Novak

76 vote(s)
    16.1%
  9. David Anderson

12 vote(s)
    2.5%
  10. Other

23 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

It will now be Chuck, who I think will become a great coach.

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

please how is he now even a poll option

[​IMG]

3. OkayAyeReloaded

Tracy Murray. I had totally forgotten who this was, I knew he looked familiar. I think he was a shooter and scored 50 on a team once. His career stats look pretty bad, but I think he did get a ring with us.
    I thought you were kidding. This thing is real.
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qbBSvIVpYkM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qbBSvIVpYkM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

4. Audioout

Audioout Member

If Armstrong did this with us my vote would have gone to him.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ljq59M9xXjA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ljq59M9xXjA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

5. G Rat

G Rat Member

6. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

You guys are effin stupid if your even THINKING of T-mac. Funny how all you guys were on his dick back when we were playing the Jazz

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dave Jamerson

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

No Mike Wilks option?

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

CJ ftw!

He played a whopping 3 games in '94-'95, scoring 3 points and grabbing 7 rebounds in 36 total minutes (he then went on to play in 19 playoff games that year with 3.2 blocks per game!). He played in only 85 games in 4 years. It takes something special to stick with a team when you are that much of a benchwarmer -- this guy delivered when it mattered most.

And he's also the only player in NBA history to look older than Greg Oden while still playing.

1 person likes this.
  10. 34to11

34to11 Member

Thank You, Good Sir!

11. herro

herro Member

Obviously Granville Waiters

12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

You obviously didn't watch the whole video he had a few dunks in the end. Funny that most of his highlights were against the Rockets.

I also think its better than the Shane Battier Highlight Mix. That was just garbage.

13. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q0nf3CKGJoM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q0nf3CKGJoM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

14. devilsdandruff

always ready to play.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q0nf3CKGJoM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q0nf3CKGJoM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

15. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

69 posts till the correct answer from texascityman31. And a tip of the hat to ArtV. :cool:

Ehlo was truly a 12th man. He rarely got off the bench, and when he did, while it was clear he had some talent, he was mostly pretty bad. It took considerable playing time with the Clips and Cavs before he eventually became a solid NBA starter.

While in Houston he was a fan favorite. At the end of games the fans would chant (mostly sarcastically) Eeeelow, eeeeeelow, eeeeelow!

Granny was close, but not nearly the feaux fan favorite that Ehlo was.

16. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

17. OkayAyeReloaded

See now, it looks like old Alvin is doing just fine. Married, successful.

If I was an NBA 12th man I would probably laugh about it and laugh with fans when they joked about it. I would take it as a compliment that I got to the NBA and was successful enough to get their attention.

"Yeah, I did average only 5 pts and 2 rebounds a game. But I got paid six figures to grab those two rebounds." ;)

18. josh_is_white

josh_is_white Member

19. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Ahh you beat me to it. Props.

20. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

Nachbar's dunk on Malone and him standing up to him, took him out of the "scrub" category and into the "rocket for life" category, for me at least. haha