1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Battle of the Crazy Pastors

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Major, Sep 2, 2008.

1. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Are you confused or thnking me crazy?

or both? ;)

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I guess I'm confused. I'm not sure why the two quotes would synchronize well, or not be in sync since you were likely being sarcastic. I don't think they had much to do with one another. The first was expressing my position that I don't much care if you like or dislike Palin (I tend to like her, but will vote against her). I'm more concerned about understanding between the churched and the unchurched. The second sentence expresses my opinion (from very limited information) that her pastor seems ordinary. Ordinary may be good or bad, depending on who you are.

3. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

My thinking was that if that quote is "ordinary" to you, then yes, I'm certainly not comfortable with that.

Sorry for the oddly worded negative in there - the above logic was kind of difficult to "write out".

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Palin was in attendance when the following was said at her church.

5. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Hence my Romans 13 comments... perhaps it was misunderstood, out of CONTEXT?

Believers are also encouraged to bear one another's burdens and in doing so, fullfil the law of Christ...

So, I'd pray for him and investigate it fully before being crass about it. But again, that's me.

I don't exactly agree with the pastor, or Jeremiah Wright for that matter, but I can understand both of them being misunderstood. It happens to a lot of ministers.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

You're absolutely right...I was reactionary based on what I read.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

BELIEVE ....I say....BELIEVE........and send me your money.

DD