1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Battle for 5-8th seed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by max14, Apr 3, 2005.

Tags:
  1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's the way it's looking. If the Rockets can go 4-3 the rest of the way(certainly possible), and one of those 4 victories is against the Nuggets, they should be able to finish ahead of Denver and Memphis.

Otherwise, it's looking like the Spurs in the first round. And another early playoff exit against the one team the Rockets wanted to avoid, just like last season with the Lakers series.

2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

13-40 in the last 6 games. 32.5% shooting. Boki is sucking lately too.

Wesley is 15-55 in the last 6 games for 27.3% ugh. That's ugly.

Wesley normally provides awesome D that Boki never will, but today he was just schooled by his longtime fellow backcourt mate BDavis.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

maybe such good friends he did it on purpose.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

:mad:

4. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

We still have Denver and Memphis, both at home. The Denver game--the tiebreaking game as well-- is also the tail end of a back-to-back they have starting with Memphis. So that timing is fortunate for us.

If the Rockets win those two home games it would be really hard for them not to finish in the 6th spot even if they suck most of the rest of the games.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

What? At home? You mean where our record is equally as impressive as on the road?

The Rockets are in a slump, and that happens with veteran teams late in the year as they gear up for the playoffs.

I just wonder how long players like Wesley can be major contributors, he is already breaking down and is shooting a career low, it ain't gonna get better at his age.....

DD

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Damn, it sounds like a traige tent inside here. Minnesota will have its run, but they aren't going to go streaking. The Rockets will own up too. Veteran squads know when it matters.

I'm pretty sure the Rockets will win tommorow. I'll be watching in corporate seats.

7. qrui

qrui Member

sadly so. i have been puzzled by this for while. is it the tc? or the fans? or ... ? at home, we've managed to lose to bobcats, utah, hornets, to name a few. we made the worst team in their worst streak played great. :mad:

8. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

41% from downtown.

Did you get the email I sent?

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

i think it's time to put the bear out on the balcony again and not let him down until we secure the 6th spot.

[​IMG]

Hey it worked last year....