1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Battier's Motivational Speech

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swack, May 1, 2009.

1. Swack

Swack Member

I saw this on TNT near the end of the game I think. It was a great moment and I was wondering if anyone had a clip of this?

2. cheeseburger34

I didn't see it, when was this?

3. Mailman

Mailman Member

Well, it had to be sometime after the start of the third quarter....

I saw it. Good stuff. Battier reminded everyone that this was the game, that this was OUR GAME, that they had to go full-on for 48 minutes. Every pass, every screen, every loose ball, every rebound...FIGHT.

It was awesome. I wanted to reach my hand into the TV on "three."

4. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

He said, "They may take our lives.....but they will never take.....OUR FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!"

5. cshen

cshen Member

it was a great speech.

i got so pumped up by it.

6. iku

iku Member

on the bottom of the screen, it says "Shane Battier, the Team Captain.." or something like that :|
    i wanted to mention it on clutchfans, but i forgot to.
    i don't think the team captain is Tracy Mcgrady anymore!

7. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

"err no I meant they will never take away our penetration!! err I mean Balls!!err no f it, just grab the damn rebound!! 1..2..3! Go Rockets!" He was all alone by the time he was on 2.

8. Breaker

Breaker Member

I figure it was something like this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TeNGVS2T_Rk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TeNGVS2T_Rk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:D

9. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Shane's words of wisdom (pep talk on hustling and doing all the little things worthy of winning the series) were at the commercial break when it was 3:25 left in 3rd quarter.

10. Swack

Swack Member

I think right after they showed speech, it cut back to the game and showed Battier out hustling and grabbing a board over one of the Portland bigs. Very fitting.

I never knew that he was the team captain, but he is the perfect one for our team. He embodies the way the rest of our team should be playing.

It turns out my brother DVR'ed it, so I'll watch it again when I get back to his place. :D