1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Battier's blog update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bob718, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

Finally!!!!!!! After eight long years of disappointment, my Rockets have finally gotten past the first round of the NBA playoffs! I am just really happy today. The city of Houston has not gotten past the first round in 12 years and they had so many frustrations. I know it is only the first round and that to most teams it wouldn't be a big deal, but to Houston it is a big burden lifted off of the team and the city. I had so many congratulations from people who have worked for the Rockets in the last 12 years and had never had any playoff success. I am glad that many of these people finally got their first round win as well.

I said after the game that winning a playoff series would not ultimately change my life. Even if I had never won a series, I would not have called my career a failure. I would have been upset that I never had a chance to win a championship, but I wouldn't have had any regrets. The only change for me now is that I won't have to answer the question that I had heard at the start of every training camp "Are you going to get out of the first round this year?" To be honest, I am glad I don't have to answer that question any more, haha!

I am also happy for Yao, I know that he faces a lot of pressure to win and carry the Rockets. His countrymen have such high expectations for him and the team. I know that he was as frustrated as anyone with the inability to get out of the first round. I am proud to say that he led our group against the Portland Trail Blazers and was responsible for our win. Yao was so happy after the game and I was happy for him.

I will give you my thoughts on the Lakers in a few days, I have an off day today and want to enjoy this feeling. A feeling that I have never had as a professional!

Talk to you soon,

Shane

2. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

link please?

3. lazybum234

lazybum234 Member

Most people don't believe Tmac writes his blog- what about Shane? He gets all personal/emotional here writing about judging his career as a failure etc...

5 years in Memphis and 2/3 years here is a long time to wait...Congrats Shane.

4. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.