1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Battier/Gay trade revisited after 1 game!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zacatecas, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

Shane did not guard Boozer. It is hard to shut someone down who you are not guarding. It is probably also shane's fault that AI scored 39 last night even though it was against the Magic. Stupid Battier. If only we had kept Gay and he scored his two points on 0-4 shooting for the Rox instead of the Grizz.

2. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

You can not simply discount the +9 while Battier was on the court for Rafer's threes. The fact is he was in the game and they scored more with him in the game. That is like saying the Rox had a great year last year cuz if you dont count the games they lost, they went 34 and 0.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Is this another Mario vs Reggie debate. If it is, it sure is quite on the bush front sisnce he's looking like eric metcalf.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

i'm pretty sure this thread was called "after one game", and i'm pretty sure Gay scored 21 points after one game. And if Shane didnt gaurd him, why would Gay have gaurded him? You have to admit, Battier did not play a great game the other night. I'm sure he will get better, but if you think he played good in that game, you are mistaken.

5. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

Battier/Gay trade revisited after 2 games:
    wow, I was a freakin idiot.. forget Gay, Battier is the MAN.. we absolutely did the right move..

sorry Jerry West, but Rockets made u their B!$%^

6. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Because Yao would've have to guard Okur, and that would've been even worse.

7. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

My point was people were bashing shane cuz boozer scored so many points, but shane didnt guard him so I didnt see how that argument made sense. I never said Gay would have defended Boozer. I did not think that Battier played great in Utah, he actually made some silly fouls, but Gay's 21 points were not as impressive as they sound. He scored just under twice as many points as Battier, but took 3.5 times as many shots. If Battier threw up 21 shots I am sure his numbers would have been better, but the team wouldnt have done any better.

8. jdmb82

jdmb82 Member

Battier, being the defensive machine that he is, guarded Boozer as well as probably anyone could have. Rudy Gay certainly would not have handled Boozer any better. Get over it.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Actually, Battier didn't guard Boozer at all. And neither would have Gay.

10. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

Anyone else notices that Battier is having a turnover problem?

3 games, 108 minutes, 0 turnover.

Clearly, Battier's conservative play is hurting the team. :) The man is leading the UNIVERSE in Assist to TO ratio, points to TO ratio, minutes to TO ratio, height to TO ratio, etc.

I wonder what the record is for most minutes to start a season without a turnover.